Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend!

What a fun, busy, and exhausting weekend it has been! Thanks giving was very yummy as usual. I stayed up so late on Wednesday night thinking that Thursday would be a breeze. NOT! I didn't shower until 1:15 pm and dinner was at 2:00 pm. We had great food and company. But being the host this year means that I was unable to really relax and enjoy the day. This is everyone enjoying dinner:
And then some of us enjoyed a nap (Jeff & Jon were supposedly upstairs playing with the two little ones in the bonus room):
We then went to see the movie "Enchanted". It was a cute movie but very crowded! And then back to our house for yummy Pie where some of us enjoyed the whip cream (Brinley & Paige):
By the time I hit the pillow at midnight I was exhausted! The next morning at 5 am Morgan and I went shopping! We hit several stores for the early sales. It was lots of fun and Morgan is now officially my "Black Friday" shopping partner. Jon hates to go! By the time we came home at noon I was even more tired than the previous day. That evening I took Jon to the airport so he could catch his red eye flight to NYC. Saturday was spent playing with friends, more shopping, and getting out the Christmas decorations. I have already done about half of the decorating, but I can't throw out my Thanksgiving center piece yet! My neighbor and I made them on Wednesday with the BIG help of her friend that used to work at a floral shop. Stephanie and I were very proud of accomplishments. We ended our fun holiday weekend with the Dustins Annual Pie Night. Some of our great friends invite families over to enjoy several holiday pies. It is always very filling, and fun evening. It is now back to regular bed times, our crazy schedule, and more holidays to come!

2 comments:

cjdustin said...

Looks so great! Next year I want to come to your house for Thanksgiving. You can do all the cooking and I will "play" upstairs with the little kids ;) You need a nap this week!

The Frosts said...

Gorgeous centerpiece!! I love it! I am cracking up at the pic of Jeff and Jon. Looks like you guys had a great time - I am also so impressed that you did ravioli. i guess I need to jump on the tradition bandwagon :)