Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fabulous Fifth Grade!
Mason's Fabulous Fifth Grade year is now officially finished! He is now done with Harmony and is moving onto Middle School. This morning he told me that he didn't want fifth grade to end! I asked him why he liked fifth grade so much and he told me that he loved his teacher:

He thinks Mrs. Tendler is the best 5th grade teacher in the whole wide world. We were both very excited when he got her since she is a fellow BYU alumni! She helped Mason in so many area's this year, especially reading! She challenged her class to set a goal for the number of reading minutes they wanted to accomplish each trimester. Her goal for them was 3000 minutes each trimester, Mason's goal was much higher. Yesterday during the class awards presentation he received the award in his class for reading the most minutes of the entire class all year!!! He read 14,308 pages in fifth grade! I attribute this new found love of reading to his fabulous fifth grade teacher! Mrs. Tendler would give out a homework hero award weekly to the students that completed/turned in their homework on time. Mason had a homework hero award every single week and got a certificate yesterday with only four other students for achieving this!
This picture is of him with some of his homework hero awards that I saved throughout the year. Mrs. Tendler had such a great relationship with her class. A final note she wrote to Mason said "You are a wonderful young man with many great qualities. Keep in touch and I want to hear when you get your Eagle Scout award, go to BYU, serve a mission, get married in the temple, and play in the NBA!" How awesome is she!!!

Mason also said he will miss his great classmates and friends!
In this picture three of the boys have been with him at Harmony since Kindergarten! His BFF Drake Mulder started out with him in Miss Thompson's Kindergarten class!
And finally he told me that he will miss going to Recess!
I took this picture of him and Drake today on the swings, which is rare because he usually was on the bball court. Mason told me that he wanted to do everything on the playground for one last time! I told him enjoy this last Recess because you are now growing up! Mason's had some great memories as a Harmony Husky! He has had some amazing teachers and great friends that have helped create these memories that will last forever!


2 comments:

teamZ said...

Mas, I didn't know that you were such a good student! I agree with Mrs. Tendler. You are a great young man. We can hardly wait for you to receive your Eagle, go on a mission, attend BYU, and get married in the temple.

Anonymous said...

Mason,
Handsome! That's an understatement for you. How I wish I could have been there to see you get all those awards and recognitions. You are so loved by your grandma and grandpa Baldwin. I hope one of these days I'll have so much energy that I'll run a foot race with you.
Grandma B