Tuesday, June 09, 2009

End of the Year CRAZINESS!
The end of the school year has approached once again and so has the CRAZINESS that comes with it! Over the past month I have attended many extra events with my children!

Morgan finished up her second season with the Pacific Middle School Dance Team. She had a fun pajama party banquet and awards night with the team, parents, and coaches.

Here Morgan is with her dance team coach Sarah Daley. We adore her and are excited for next year!

Mason participated in track again for his third year at Harmony. He was hesitant about competing this year. Both Jon and I encouraged him and told him that it's OK if you don't place first. (This was part of his discouragement last year!) We were all very excited to attend the meet since it was a beautiful day. The girls and I arrived on time and met Jon at the Stadium along with many friends from our neighborhood and ward! We cheered Mason on as Harmony placed third in the Tug-of-War. This would be the last event I saw him compete in!!! I was CRUSHED when I had to leave at 6 pm to go and teach my class! They told us that the entire meet would only last until 6 pm. I should have known that all fifth grade events would be last and that the relay is ALWAYS last! But no! I missed him place FIRST in the 100 meter dash!

I started to cry when I saw this picture! He had a great time and took third place in the Relay and Hurdles!
Last week I went Bowling with Brooklyn on the Second Grade Field Trip. I think this is the best field trip of them all! I had so much fun with Brooklyn and her friends! They each got to bowl two games. It's a good thing there were bumpers on the lanes because there was some crazy bowling going on!

Brooklyn, Lauren, Jackson, and Christian had a great time together.

I have now been on Four Kindergarten field trips to the Oregon Zoo! They have all been fun but this year the weather was amazing! Last week I took the bumpy bus ride to the Zoo (I rode in the last seat on the bus!) When we got there the teachers gave us free reign on the Zoo and we just took off! It was so fun and EASY since it was just me, Brinley and her BFF since she was born Kennedy Lake!

(Kennedy and Brinley often talk about how they have been friends since they were born! Stacey and I tell them that because I was there videoing the birth of Kenna and Brinley was also there because she was in my tummy!) We were able to see the entire zoo since my group was so small, eat lunch when we wanted and enjoy a sunny day together!

There are other things I did not include in this crazy month like three music performances, Pride Night, Honor Roll Assembly, Art Show Recognition and Hawaiian Day! I had to write a daily list for the next 10 days because it includes many more activities like pre-school graduation program, End of the year Carnival, three field days, Marimba Concert, Fifth Grade Graduation and Move-Up day! Whew! I will be excited for Summer Vacation! Right?

5 comments:

The Shep's Herd said...

I just love all the end of the year stuff. Looks like you had a great time. Your kids are gettign so big. Love the PJ party. Hope you have a super summer.

Steph said...

The end of the year stuff just wears me out! I can't wait until school is over!

cjdustin said...

You are having lots of fun like me. You are making time to blog about it though--unlike me!

teamZ said...

Grant us all the strength to make it through.

The Frosts said...

The comments are so funny! Looks like lots o fun. I don't know how you manage it all!