Friday, September 26, 2008

Season Premier!
Last night was the season premier of one of my all time favorites:
Yes, I still watch that show and have watched it for 15, FIFTEEN years!!! Most people can't believe that I have stuck with it for all these years. There has been some great years and some years that have not been so great but I don't think I have ever missed an episode! I remember when I was in Utah for Thanksgiving in 1999. We hurried home from my grandma's house on Thanksgiving Day to watch nurse Carol Hathaway have her twins! That's one dedicated fan! I started watching ER when we still lived in Provo, UT and Jon was finishing up his Masters. When you think about THAT, that's a long time to watch a TV show. We moved to Holland, MI for Jon's first job in January. We lived with Jon's brother and sister-in-law for a few months while we were building our first home. Temple and I clicked fast (who doesn't love her) and we soon found out that we both loved ER. We have watched many an episode together most of them were when she would be doing my nails. So yesterday I called her and invited her over for the Season Premier!We laughed but mostly cried during the episode because Dr. Pratt died! Temple said "This can't be happening!" and then she said "none of this is happening because it's just a TV show" which made us both laugh! We have shared many fun ER times together and are looking forward to a great season. Many of the old FAVS are coming back Dr. Carter, Luka, and Dr. Mark Greene (how's that going to happen I'm not sure b/c he died in season 8). I want to see hotty Dr. Ross (George Clooney) make an appearance but the word on the street is he's not interested! It will be a fun year but what will I do with my Thursday night's?

6 comments:

jalynn said...

How in the world are they going to bring Dr. Greene back?? that will be interesting. ER always reminds me of you :) I hope you enjoy the last season!

The Moarefdoust Family said...

Oh my gosh I have finally found someone that has watch ER as long as I have. Aryan was just a baby when it started and we too lived in Provo. I can't beleive it's been that long. I totally cried (big tears streaming down my face) through the season premier. That wasn't very nice of them to make us think that Dr. Pratt was going to live and then he didn't. I am SO SAD that this is the last season. I too will be LOST on Thursday nights with out it!!!

Anonymous said...

Like Temple said, "It's only a TV show." But we feel so connected to certain shows. However, I can't think of a single show that I've been a fan of like you to ER. Now, the field's wide open. You can pick another favorite!
Mom

Lindsey said...

Isn't it funny how attatched we get to characters on shows. I haven't been in to ER for years, but I always did like it. Way to go on your half marathon! That's so exciting and such great time!

jrushing said...

Gotta love ER! Although it was saddie to see Pratt die. I was in the emotion of the show and tears start to fall and what does Shane say to me??? "Are you crying? It's not real!" Okay maybe it is not real but it is good drama!!!

Stacey said...

Man, I gave up on that show like 5 years ago with the rest of the world. Just kidding. Your are tried and true. I tagged you on my blog. I'm sorry, I'm just doing it this one time :>