Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Back to School Bday Bash!

Monday was Brooklyn's eighth birthday. We celebrated with the family on Monday and today she had her friend party. I thought a "Back to School" themed party would be fun since school starts tomorrow! At the last minute I decided to throw her a party not knowing what we were even going to do at this party! I quickly made Apple invites before we went out of town and got them delivered. I found many ideas on line for back to school parties that were cute. I printed off a few ideas and then Morgan pretty much planned the rest! She was a BIG help but she loved it! She printed out the girls school Schedule which included homeroom, PE, Snack time, Art class, and Recess! Our Bonus room was converted into a school. Morgan had them do a word search and coloring while everyone was arriving. During PE they had a fun relay with two different teams. They had to wake up, get dressed, pack their lunches, backpack and then run to school. They loved it and wanted to keep on racing! For Art they each decorated their own pencil jar with markers, crayons, and stickers.
Their favorite time of the day was recess where they played outside on the trampoline! We finished off the party with cake, ice cream and presents. I made this apple cake with the help of Morgan. I was so proud of myself because Jon usually makes all the BDay cakes. Their favorite part of the cake were the gummy worms.
Their party favors were just in a brown paper lunch sack. I filled them with Back to School supplies that I found on sale, a real apple, and some fun Back to School items from the Target $1 section!
Brooklyn was excited to have all her best friends at the party! She has so many great girls her age! All of these girls live in the neighborhood, go to our ward, and attend the same school!
I'm so glad that we pulled off another successful party! One of the girls told her mom "Mom it was just like school but even BETTER!" Happy Birthday Brooklyn!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like everyone had a great time at the party. It certainly beats school!

cjdustin said...

Cassidy LOVED this party! She said she wanted a "Back to School" party for her birthday until I reminded her that her birthday is in March. A little late for back to school....Oh well. Thanks to Brooklyn, they got to celebrate! Fun fun fun!!!!!

The Frosts said...

Super duper cute cute cute party! Great job to both you and Morgan. And seriously, I'm so jealous that you have such good helpers! happy bday to Brooklyn too!