Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Looking Forward To Something!

My entire life I have thrived on having something to look forward to! It didn't matter what it was the start of a new school year, a vacation, Christmas holiday, or even a ballet recital. I have continued this obsession into my adult life. This year of 2008 I have had many things to look forward to like: vacation with my sweet husband, meeting my niece for the first time this summer, traveling to NYC with Morgan, and most recently Brooklyn's Baptism. Now that all those wondrous events are over I have been feeling somewhat depressed. I have thought this past week "I have nothing to look forward to anymore!" I have even communicated this to my husband, sister, and mom! It finally hit me just today that I do have something to look forward to even this week!

Spending one-on-one time with Brinley while Maddie's at pre-school:
Today we went on a bike ride to the Maplecrest Trail. I picked blackberries for her to eat and she told me that it was her best bike ride ever!

Watching Mason while he's doing his Safety Patrol Duties.

Cooler temperatures and my favorite season of all, FALL!



Morgan's first day of Pointe Class.



My half marathon on Saturday. (I'm more looking forward to it being over!)

My favorite TV show that starts tonight!



I still have no idea when I will see my family again, not sure of our holiday plans, and have no vacations in the future, but I am grateful for all the little things that I can look forward to each and every week!

8 comments:

cjdustin said...

Way to live life to the fullest! It's all about the journey right?

Rebecca said...

I'll be rootin' for you Saturday. Best of Luck!

Tamara said...

Yeah! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Good luck! And good job relishing the small moments--it's what makes life worthwhile!

Annie said...

I like the picture trails. You're so fortunate to have the baby stage behind you. Life will just keep getting better and easier...horray!

Stacey said...

As I was reading I was thinking of your run...then you listed it at the end. You'll love it. It's been lots of fun talking covering training miles with you. I never got pictures of Griff doing SP @ Harmony. I miss out on a lot of photo opps and tonight my camera got taken from the church! Plus I missed Biggest Loser :<

Anonymous said...

How sweet of you to recognize that life, real life, is a series of little wonders that keep us going and amazed. My biggest joy, at my age, is watching and learning from family members as they help me replay in my mind's eye, the similar experiences we shared when all of the children were growing up. Hoorah for simple pleasures! And best of luck for a successful and happy (?) run on Saturday.
Love,
Mom

The Frosts said...

And now you can add Christmas to the list right?!? I already told you this but this post made me cry. The whole bit about not knowing when you'll see your fam again. Sob. Anyway, I absolutely cannot believe that Morgan is on point! How is she liking it? You need to do a post with an update!

Amy said...

I totally know what you mean. I love having something to look forward to also. I have to say...you have had a lot of cool things to look forward to this year. I wanted to be along on many of your adventures. Sometimes I have a lot to look forward to, and sometimes not. I live so far away from family, that seeing them often is not always possible. So I have been like you... I have found that there is something to look forward to in our lives each week and day. Time with kids, a good T.V show, a date with my husband at the end of the week. Gotta live in the moment sometimes.