Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Champoeg Half
Last Saturday was my half-marathon run at Champoeg State Park. I was excited and nervous at the same time. I ended up going with my friend Allison Allen. I met her when we lived in Michigan 12 years ago. Our husbands work together now and she recently moved to the NW a year ago. She has done other events like this so since this was my "First"one I was just following her lead. This was us before the race:
And this was us after the race with big smiles knowing that we were done! I was very happy to have completed the race within my goal of under 2 hours and 10 minutes. I finished in 2:09:40! I just barely made it! I don't even consider myself a runner and sometimes don't even like to run so this was a big accomplishment for me. My coaches (Ali & Stacey) couldn't run with me that day but they both helped me tremendously! They were my running partners, nutritionists, and most of all my great friends! A big thanks goes to them for helping me meet my goal. One of them said you will either love it or never want to do another one again. After finishing I was definitely tired but I'm already looking forward to the next one!

9 comments:

Annie said...

Cheers to you Nicole...I'm proud of you!

Steph said...

Good job Nicole! I could never do that! Your amazing!

Tiffany said...

Yea for you! I'm glad you loved it so much. Have you already scheduled your next event???

Tamara said...

Great job! 13.1 miles is a LONG way, and I'm excited that you completed it!

Tamara said...

By the way, did you just love Champoeg park? I thought it was a beautiful place to run.

cjdustin said...

I am so proud of you! You are my inspiration to try harder and be better.

Anonymous said...

Very well done - a half is great. On to the marathon next!

jalynn said...

That is awesome! I'm like you, i hate to run. Way to stick to your goal!

Amy said...

So proud of you. That is a LONG run for sure. I keep thinking about doing one, but around mile six or seven of a run...I kind of feel like I CAN'T GO ON! Anyway, you are awesome. I wish we could work-out together and achieve these goals together. You could "Tri" with me and I could "1/2" with you.