Sunday, September 07, 2008

Cougar Football

The BYU Cougars were in Seattle WA yesterday to play the Washington Huskies. We decided to purchase tickets through the BYU-Alumni association in June and take Morgan, Mason, and Brooklyn to the game.
It was an awesome game! The game was close the entire time. Those are the kind of games that I love to watch! We scored with 3 minutes left in the game to give the cougars a 28-21 lead but then WA came back to score their final touchdown with only 3 seconds on the game clock. Jake Locker (the WA QB) was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct for tossing the ball in the air. This moved them 15 yards back for the xtra point kick. The BYU defense blocked the kick giving the cougars an exciting finish and winning 28-27. I took a picture of the score board showing only 1 second left on the clock!

It was so, so FUN! The BYU fans were going crazy! And there were many of them! Jon and I couldn't believe how many BYU fans were there! We had a great time and loved cheering for our favorite school! GO COUGARS!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

How fun!!! So jealous!!! But so glad you're family had a chance to go and watch a terrific, classic BYU game.

Amy said...

Hey Nicole,

John and I are SO JEALOUS that you got to go to the BYU Washington game. We were wishing we were there. That stadium is in one of the prettiest spots ever. I miss Seattle a lot sometimes. All your summer posts are so fun. I have been having computer problems for ages and we still haven't gotten it fixed. I finally did a little blogging on my friends computer, but have so much more to do. Just wanted to comment on a bunch of your posts by saying... that your trip to New York looked amazing, your kids are darling, I was also so sad when the Olympics were over, we are mourning the loss of summer (well...the weather hangs around till November...but we are missing our free and easy days). So fun to see all that you are doing. Morgan looks so grown up. Say Hi to your fam for us.

Amy

cjdustin said...

Wow how did you get that up so fast? It was a great time I agree!

The Morgans said...

LuCKY!!!! my husband makes us all dress up in BYU gear every game!

Steph said...

I watched the game at home and kept thinking what a great time you all must be having! It was such a GREAT game! Go Cougs!