Friday, June 06, 2008

Ten Days in Turkey

It has been ten days today that Jon has been on his business trip in Istanbul, Turkey! It has been busy with only me here to manage the troops and all their activities! At one time Jon and I considered me tagging along on this business trip with him. We decided against it because the airline tickets are very expensive and we didn't have anyone to watch the kids for two weeks! It is a good thing that I didn't go because I would have missed so many "end of the year" activities! These are all the Extra things that I've had over the past ten days!

Wednesday May28
A three hour track meet that Mason participated in with other Harmony Huskies. He competed in four events and received two third place finishes, a second place in their relay, and a fourth place.
Thursday May 29
Pride Night at the elementary school. Brooklyn's holding a story she wrote "The Very Clumsy Caterpillar"

Friday May 30
Another First Grade field trip to Lacamas Lake Park. Saturday May 31
Mason's basket ball game that ended in a nail bitter! I also participated in a 5K run with six other friends from my ward. It's called the Starlight Run which is associated with the annual Rose Festival in Portland. There is a run just before a big parade called the Starlight Parade which happens usually around 9pm. Many people dress up in costumes, so my friend Tamara had the idea of being bumble bees. It was great fun and we got lots of cheers as we buzzed by people!
Wednesday June 4
Morgan marched with her Dance Team in the Junior Rose Festival Parade. She also had an end of the year Banquet for Dance Team that evening. She got a certificate for Perfect Attendance and got "Dancer of the Month" given to her by her team leader for the month of March!
Thursday June 5
Brooklyn had a musical performance where she was a praying mantis in their play "Over the Garden". I also went to Mason's tennis class for the first time.

I did have to say "no" to some things these past few days . We did not attend Morgan's recognition assembly for the National Junior Honor Society. I skipped mutual once and I didn't attend Enrichment. Somethings I just couldn't do with everything else going on. It has been hard trying to juggle all these extras and the normal stuff all by myself. I have realized these past ten days just how much Jon helps me out! I never want to be a single parent and we are all counting down the days until he comes home! Just three more!!!






5 comments:

Annie said...

Trace was in Istanbul in January and loved the city. The trip over there...not so much. I'm sure John will have many exciting things to share. Nice that you can keep busy.

The Frosts said...

Wow! What a busy 2 weeks you have had. You're amazing and handle it all so well. I'd probably be crying by day three and need reinforcements. I love the bumble bee outfits and Brook as the praying mantis. Just think, summer is just around the corner. Will you be less busy or more?

Rebecca said...

fun 5k! Lets get together and run sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

As usual, I'm left breathless by all of the comings and goings of a busy, young family. Kind of reminds me of us when our children were younger. I hope you don't attibute all of this insanity to me!
Mom B

Lindsey said...

Holy Freaky!! How do you do it?! The joy of seeing your children excell must over ride the work of getting them there. What great hobbies and activities you have your squids in.