Sunday, June 01, 2008

My only son!

Mason is the only boy amongst four sisters! He is such a good boy, brother, and son. He puts up with a lot of drama & whining, the color pink & hair bows, ballet recitals & dress ups, skirts & shoes, baby dolls & polly pockets! Just give Mason a basketball and he will be happy. Mason really wanted to have a brother, and was convinced that Maddie was going to be a boy! When we told him after my ultrasound that he was going to have another sister he started to bawl! It was so sad. Jon and I both started bawling with him. He has adjusted well with only having sisters, and takes great care of the three little girls. I feel blessed to have at least one son! For Mother's Day at school he made a card for me titled Mother:


M: other


O: f five children


T: rying to get all of her work done


H: as to work every second


E: very day trying to get a break


R: eally great


I just thought that this was hilarious! I laughed and cried at the same time. He has been helping me out tons lately by babysitting for me on Wednesday nights when Morgan, Jon, and I all have to go to Mutual. Yesterday I bought him this Kobe Bryant jersey for a reward for all the babysitting he has done!

Thanks for being such a great son, I love you Mason!

9 comments:

Kerry said...

Hey Nicole! I check out your blog regularly via Monique's blog. Anyway, when I saw what you posted today I was surprised because I wrote a similar post on my blog earlier tonight. Check out my post called "Our Only Princess", through the link (Another Microsoft Widow) on Monique's blog ). By the way, I love reading your blog! :) Cousin Kerry

Steph said...

Mason is such a good boy! I don't know what I would have done without him this year to walk my boys to and from school! Thanks Mason!

BTW- You shoulda bought him a LeBron James jersey! JK!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole Jackson said...

Steph,
I know! He was debating between the two but I think he was wanting Kobe b/c they are in the finals now! I do prefer the colors in the LeBron Jersey way better than bright yellow/purple!

cjdustin said...

Mason is such a great kid! Big guy is going to be jealous of that jersey though!

Stacey said...

That is too funny that 3 of the letters talked about how busy you are. You handle it so well that it just looks like it comes naturally. He is such a sweet boy, you can just tell he's got a firm grip on the iron rod.

Lindsey said...

What a creative little card. I thought perhaps you whipped that up yourself. I really like the layout of it, what a little love he is.

The Original TomKat said...

You have the cutest little family! I found your blog through Ashley's blog. It sounds like you're all doing well!

The Frosts said...

I love his card - so funny! Mason is SUCH a good boy. I'm glad Carter has a great older cousin to look up to (don't worry, the Mason obsession still runs strong)!

Anonymous said...

Those brown eyes with glint and mischief warm my heart. Mason is such a charming soul! How I love him. Grandma B