Friday, June 20, 2008

Last Day of School!

Our last day of school was on Wednesday. This is always a bitter sweet time for me and my children. We have been blessed to have great teachers at our school, Harmony Elementary, and we are sometimes sad to end the year. Some years we have really loved our teachers and this year was one of them. Both Mason and Brooklyn had fabulous teachers. They have both made great progress and are excited for their new teachers but sad to say goodbye to their current ones. On the last day of school they had a big assembly with the whole school and then went to their individual classrooms to say their goodbyes. This is Mason with his two teachers Mrs. Wright:
And Miss Hannah:
Brooklyn's teacher, Mr Schiewe, was awesome and we were both sad to say goodbye to him! She got really emotional when she had to leave her classroom for the last time. When I saw her I also started to cry:
Brinley also had her last day of preschool a week ago. She had a great teacher Miss Tracy that we loved !!!
It doesn't seem possible that my little 35 lb. girl can be going into Kindergarten next year! We had our official first day of summer yesterday. It was beautiful and 80 degrees! It was filled with sprinklers, water fights, friends, and lots of otter pops! I'm not so sure that big costco box is going to last all summer long! Happy Summer!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sweet school memories. Enjoy that sunshine!

cjdustin said...

It's always so hard to have the end of the school year come and realize that the kids are getting older. Where does the time go? I would be crying to leave Mr. Scheiwe if I were Brooklyn too! wink, wink!

The Frosts said...

Yay for your summer finally beginning. Is it finally warming up? Cute pictures of your kids and their teachers. I think it's so cute that Brooklyn was so attached to her teacher. He must have been great!

Camas Mom said...

I am gonna have to meet this Mr. Scheiwe! :) No cupcake stuff?

Anonymous said...

I remember having hugh crushes on my 6th-grade teacher, Mr. Smith, and my HS typing teacher, Sherm Tingey. They really were good teachers who cared about their students. The Jackson children get cuter every day! Such happy times!
Mom B

Steph said...

I would cry too if I didn't get to see Mr. Schiewe every day!