Friday, February 01, 2008

Pottery Barn Knock-Offs!
I have been eyeing the pottery barn teen & kids tile system for some time now. I have refused to pay the prices that they are charging for some of their items knowing that I could do it cheaper! So Jon, Morgan and Myself made this tile system for her room:I think it turned out way cute! It is a little smaller then PB and fits her room and desk area nicely! She was also able to pick exactly what colors, and designs she wanted. Jon made, painted, and assembled the system with Morgan one Saturday. I helped her find fun things to put on the boards. We all love it for a fraction of the cost the PB was charging. I also wanted something for Brooklyn's room since she loves to draw and is always wanting to display her art work. I did actually break down and buy the pink magnetic & chalkboard tins at PB and then Jon made the white peg boards.
Now they can both put anything they want on their boards without cluttering their walls or my fridge!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who needs PB when you have such a talented husband! You've done well on those great kids' items. They're so cute and INEXPENSIVE. That's my kind of decorating. I can't count the number of times I've "copied" other's ideas. Most times we can make them even better.
Mom

The Frosts said...

Awesome! I love all the pictures you emailed to me too. So fun to see your house all coming together!

cjdustin said...

Good job you guys! I just wich that when yo did that you would make and extra for the Dustin household ;)

jrushing said...

I second Christy's request however I should get one first!!!

Stacey said...

Now I see how those magnet boards I picked up that day all came together....and your right, they aren't cheap! Nice that you could at least do half and half. My girls have resorted to taping things on doors throughout the house. I might need to revise that method someday soon.

Lindsey said...

Way to be on the "do it yourself" team. It blows my mind when people say "I would rather just buy it then deal with the hassle." Things always have so much more menaing when you made them yourself, or when you spent a ton of money. Either way :)

Amy said...

Love the tiles. You always come up with great ideas. Way too many great ideas. You amaze me...and make me a little tired:) I need to know how to make those tiles. Did you just cover squares of wood with fabric? I have made something similar to display my jewelry at parties, but I love how yours turned out.