Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cruise Contest


Eight weeks ago I announced to one of my classes that I was going to be having contest until my cruise. This contest was to help motivate me to loose those holiday pounds I gained and get me ready for my trip. I initailly wanted to do it for all my classes but I decided that I was not quite as weathly as "NBC" and could only afford the $50 Target gift card. Thus, I picked my favorite class at Lacamas Swim/Sport. I gave my students one week to tell me what their goal was and told them that they had to honestly tell me if they completed it within the appropriate time. These goals ranged from fitness, weight loss, and some were just "getting there "4x per week. They also had to attend my class at least one time per week during the eight weeks. Well today was the big day that I gave away the prize. I told everyone that accomplished their goals to put their name & goal on a piece of paper and I would draw one lucky winner! I was thinking that I wanted to make the prize a little better than just a gift card so I decorated a paint can and included some of my favorite things:My favorites include a water bottle for working out, glue stick for scrapbooking, ribbon for bow making, chocolate kisses for eating, and the $50 gift card for shopping at my favorite store Target! There were seven people that made their goal, two girls lost 15 pounds! The lucky winner was Ruth Brown who lost 8 pounds! She told me that she probably would have never lost them without this contest. I love hearing that and I love making a difference in people's lives.


5 comments:

cjdustin said...

Way to go Nicole! Way to be a motivator!

Dannielle said...

You are so nice...I wish I was in your class...I need to try it. Let me know if you have another contest. :)

Steph said...

What a great idea Nicole! Have fun on your cruise!

Annie said...

I hope you will blog about your fun cruise.

Lindsey said...

Way to go! How fun to be in that position to motivate others.