Sunday, February 10, 2008

Those Stinkin Bows!

I just finished making some bows for a friend at the gym. I have made her several pairs and she buys them off of me. Sometimes I'm not sure if it's worth the money because they take so blasted long to make. Well I have been making a new version of the bow that doesn't take as long and is just as cute or cuter I think depending on the outfit. This is a pair that I made for Madelyn:
All you have to do is tie several different ribbons onto barretts. They are kind of wild and big but I've always loved big bows! This pair of bows that I made to match a gymboree line has got to be one of my favorites but took two hours to make!
This is why I am not going into the bow making business!!! I must now work on Jon's scrapbook that I am far from completeing. It will be a busy week with Valentines Day and his birthday bash the very next day. Everyone is sound asleep and this is my primetime work hours!

5 comments:

cjdustin said...

You poor thing. You just have too many talents. Just give some up like the rest of us in favor of sleep!

The Frosts said...

Um, hello. Those are some of the cutest bows ever. How did you make the top bows? They are cute and big and I love.

Lindsey said...

Those bows are quite delightful. I just went to this magical ribbon store down here in AZ and I could spend all day in there buying ribbon to make bows, but when it comes to actually assembling them, I usually burn out of my enthusiasm. I can't wait to see pics of John's birthday bash.

Stacey said...

I'm so glad my bow making days are over! 2 hours....that doesn't sound like you. Then again, you are the queen of details and embelishments. Melanie needs to pay you in lots of good hand me downs :>

Jamie Jo said...

Hey Nicole! It's Stacey's sister, Jamie. I just found your blog today. Cute bows! My Milly needs some hair so she can wear cute bows like that. I've got 5 kids now, too. It's a lot, huh? It was fun to see your pics and read about your life. Have a great day!

http://www.jjscjournal.blogspot.com

Jamie