Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Big 4-0!

Jon 40th birthday was last Friday! We made him breakfast in bed and then he was off to work just like any other day. His dad took him out to lunch to their favorite restaurant, which I was glad that he took him since I was still running around trying to finish up party stuff! He had a great time at his party with family and several friends. We had all his favorite desserts, cake, and candy. His mom make his favorite German Chocolate Cake:
Everyone enjoyed the "tribute to Jon"that I displayed on the mantel for him. I got some great pictures from Margene. Many people commented on the resemblence between Jon and Mason:

I was very excited to give him his gift, the book that I made titled "The reasons we love Jon". I was thrilled at how it turned out and he loves it. He has thanked me repeatedly since then for all the hard work I put into this memorable gift! I had a few people read their entries and I also mine. These are my 25 things I love about Jon:

-He's always willing to do my honey-do list.

-He's a very hard worker.

-Jon's the best father to our children!

-He has a great sense of humor.

-He's my best friend.

-I can talk to him about anything!

-Jon is very dedicated to his church callings.

-He honors his priesthood.

-He's always willing to help everyone!

-He can fix anything.

-Because he's so cute and I love his brown eyes.

-He's willing to help me with carpooling, baths, and daily chores.

-Jon's the best at helping our children with homework.

-He is very positive and never talks bad about anyone.

-Jon makes me want to be a better person.

-He loves to make me happy.

-He's always concerned about me and our family.

-He loves to entertain and often wants to have a party.

-He love his parents and in-laws.

-He's the driving force behind our family scripture study.

-I love his laugh!

-He loves to play games and is very competitive.

-Because he is so low maintenance.

-He's a great cook and has taught me everything I know about cooking!

The kids each thought of three things they love about dad for a total of 40 things that we love about Jon! Happy Birthday JJ!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a delightful party! Too bad you didn't have that magical party hat centerpiece my mom and I just made ;) Your list of John was very sweet. What a great idea for food, cakes, sweets and treats! That's all everyone wants anyway.

Annie said...

I want to see the book! You must post it for our viewing enjoyment. Happy Birthday to John. Tell him he is in the BEST decade of life.

Nicole Jackson said...

Annie the book is nothing like your cute book that you made for V-day but I will post pictures soon!

Steph said...

The party was great! Pete and I really enjoyed ourselves. The book was awesome!

The Frosts said...

Happy Bday to Jon!! Your party looks awesome and I love what you did with your mantle. Perfection.

Amy said...

Sounds like Jon had a great birthday. Happy birthday to him. You did a great job. Wish we could have been there.