Saturday, November 18, 2006

Mom, Just Tell Me the Truth!
This afternoon, Morgan asked me "Is Santa Real?" I actually can't believe that she made it this long in believing in Santa. I said "Do you believe in Santa?" and then I let her ponder that for awhile. About a half hour later she was down stairs just hanging out on the couch. She said she was just tired. After I had put all the other kids to bed, Morgan was helping me get out our Christmas decorations. I said to her Morgan it's time for you to know the truth. I told her that Dad and I are Santa Claus. I felt so bad because she immediately started to cry. She said "I knew it, that's why I was lying on the couch earlier because I was sad!" I comforted her that it was ok to feel this way and told her that Santa will still give her presents. She then said "so do you eat the cookies, and milk?" I told her yes and she continued to tell me how she will make us (Jon & I) cookies and hot chocolate on Christmas Eve. I also told her that she must not tell her Brooklyn, Brinley, and Mason! It's sad that she doesn't believe anymore, and it's sad that she is old enough to know the truth about Santa Claus!

No comments: