Wednesday, September 09, 2009

School Time!

We are officially in the swing of things with school now being is session for a week. Last week was crazy getting adjusted to our new schedule and then to have a holiday??? Some of the school districts only started today a whole week after we did. The first day went well with a new middle schooler and a first grader. I got teary eyed only once when my only boy Mason and now a sixth grader left for school.
Mason was nervous as he left but quickly decided that he liked Middle School! This is Morgan and her friend Mina on the first day of school. They are both eighth graders! I can't believe this is her last year of Middle School!Since our house is close to the school kids stop by here in the morning to meet up with each other and walk to school.Here is a picture of some of them on the first day. Some days it is more and some days less. Pretty much my house is like grand central station in the mornings!! After getting these kids off to school I have about one more hour to get B & B out the door. Brinley was excited to be a big first grader in Mrs. McKee's Class.
Brooklyn was excited to be in third grade because she and our neighbor Brandon are in charge of the walking group and she gets to use a planner this year!As they were leaving for their first day of school I was feeling sad and guilty that I was not taking them. Jon was with the girls because I had to teach my class. We always start school the day after Labor Day so I don't usually have this problem. I told my class that morning you know I must love you guys because I am here and not at school with my kids. Jon did a great job taking them to school and taking several pictures that I asked him to take. This one is my favorite!

After school they ate their apple cookies that Maddie and I made:And then later that evening Morgan's Beehive Advisor dropped off these DARLING!!! Apple treats.They were the yummiest brownies dipped in red chocolate with a pretzel stem and a little green runt leaf. I had to take a picture because they have got to be the CUTEST first day of school treat I have ever seen! Way to go Kendall!

Maddie really missed Brinley the first few days of school. She would ask me at least ten times a day, "Is it time for us to pick up Brinley?" This picture is of her hugging Brinley before she left for school on day two.Madelyn started school yesterday at Children's World of Music. This is her second year and she is in the Butterfly Class with Miss Michelle. She was very excited to go and not nearly as shy this year as she was last year. She jumped out of the car and was ready to go in by herself. I insisted on coming in with her to make sure she knew where to go and take a picture of her with her friends in Big Room.

We are off to another great year!

2 comments:

cjdustin said...

Yes we are! Things are startin' to heat up too and pretty soon we will be wishing for summer again!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What handsome and beautiful grandchildren. I can't believe how fast they're growing up. They seem to have changed a lot since a year ago. I remember being in Vancouver and grandpa and I going with you to take Maddie to pre-school on her first day. It was hard for me to not cry as I watched you cry when Maddie walked away to her first class. She seems much more grown up in just that one year's time. We love all of your kidlets so much!Hope the school year is great!
Mom