Tuesday, September 01, 2009

First & Last!


The past three weeks we have experienced many FIRSTS!

I hiked to the top of Multnomah Falls with all the kids! This was the very FIRST time even I made the hike. I carried Maddie most of the way and my calfs were feelin it the next day!
We all biked to Sonic for the FIRST time during "Happy Hour". Little Brinley's legs got tired but she made it there and back with only a few tears!

The three little girls' and I picked Blueberries for the FIRST time! So fun and fast picking!I took all the kids today to Big Al's to go bowling for the FIRST time for Brooklyn's Birthday! Mason was also there but he wanted to play arcades. Happy Birthday Brooklyn!!!
I french braided Maddie's hair for the very FIRST time, she loved them and wants them daily!Morgan got her eyebrows waxed for the FIRST time. Here she is smiling but the day it happened her face was priceless! I wish I had a camera!!! She was hilarious!!! Amy Morgan and I got a good laugh that day! I told her you think that hurt wait until you have Babies! I took the kids to Cottonwood Beach on the Columbia River a few days ago. Unfortunately, it was the FIRST time all summer and the LAST!
Jon and I took Mason and six of his friends on our FIRST "All Boy" boat ride! Spencer Corno, Luke Fraley, Brett Barinaga, Michael Cordes, Luke & Drake Mulder joined Mason for a fun evening of wake boarding and tubing. Jon gave all of them tube rides to remember!! We left all the girls at home except for me "Flag Girl"!

Sadly to say we have also experienced some LASTS!

We had our LAST FHE treat outside last night on our patio table. Jon got me this awesome table, chairs, and bench for Mother's Day! It's suppose to seat ten, but we've had many little girls on the long bench! We have loved having it this summer. There have been many dinners, lunches, popsicle breaks, and late night talks with friends around the table this summer!
Saturday was the kids' Last Happy Hour visit! But not my last Happy Hour, those last all year long!!

We had our LAST sleepover two nights ago! The kids have had fun this summer sleeping in each other's room, on the floor, in the bonus room, under beds, and on couches. They have been going to bed late, sleeping in, and the naps that occurred this summer can be counted on my ONE hand!
And finally today was our LAST day of swimming in our pool. Morgan and Mason bought this pool with their own money at the MapleCrest Garage Sale at the beginning of the summer. They thought it was a great deal at $40! Little did they know that Mom/Dad paid for the water and all the chemicals needed to keep that water clear! This has been a great past time for the kids and MANY of their friends! We have had Paige & Mckenna, Luke & Drake, Chad Richards, Kennedy, Camdyn, & Griffin, Avery & Cass, Hannah, Rachel, & Elizabeth, Houston & Tyler, Ellie & Austin, Elsie, Sage, Ethan, & Jarin, Shaylee, Kenyon & Brandon, Mckenna Sork, and Emily & Meagan Young to name a few!!! They played many games but I thought this one was hysterical, they called it "Kids Choice Wipeout Game"!Jon and I have even gotten in a few times to cool off during some of our super hot days! The one week it was 90 degrees and above for 10 straight days this summer I got in several times and we even all swam together as a family for our FHE activity!


The last few weeks of summer have been so fun and packed with last minute activites! Four of the five start school tomorrow, actually in about eight hours so I'm off to bed!

6 comments:

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

What a fun summer you had, Nicole!

teamZ said...

Party it up! That is what summer is made.

cjdustin said...

I love all the firsts and hopefully the lasts will be repeats next year!

Steph said...

We went blueberry picking for the first time today!

The Frosts said...

Great summer recap! You guys sure had a busy and fun summer!

Amy said...

You do the cutest things with your kids. You are seriously such a fun mom. And they seem to all be such great friends. I wish we were there to do all the fun things with you guys. We always mourn for the loss of our free and easy summer days too.