Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Dreaded Phone Call!
This afternoon I got a phone call from my kids' school.
"Hi, Mrs. Jackson this is Mary Horn from Harmony "(the principle)
"I'm just calling to tell you about an incident with Brinley today at recess." I said "Brinley?" Yes! Well I guess that my cute little girl bit one of her friends on the playground when she cut her in line! How can this sweet face do such a thing especially to one of her BFF Rachel Zundel???I then said to Mrs. Horn "Wow, the principle found out about this?" She said "Yes, we take biting very seriously!" Well Brinley now has to stay inside from recess for the next two days. I told her that I would be speaking with her teacher and telling her to give her some chores to do maybe even clean the Kindergarten toilet!!! When I saw her after school I said, "I heard we had an incident at recess?" She said yes but don't tell DAD! I informed her that I already did and she started to cry! I just can't believe that of all my children she is the first and only one thus far that has visited the principles office and she's only in Kindergarten! I know she has a little fistieness(sp) about her, but biting? Tonight we walked over to Rachel's house with a card and a flower. Luckily best friends can forgive!


5 comments:

Tess said...

Who couldn't forgive such a face!

cjdustin said...

Sometimes girls who are so cute and petite have to defend themselves!!! I just have to chuckle but I know you weren't chuckeling at your house!

Anonymous said...

My sweet Brinley - so charming and unpredictable. Biting makes such an impact and it's easier and better than a sock in the nose. But, it's definitely unacceptable. I'm sure that most of her punishment came when she knew she had disappointed her dad. Stay firm and try not to smile when you look at her big brown eyes and beautiful smile.
Mom

Stacey said...

I'm sorry but that story was so funny, well....maybe not for Rachel. Bless those little innocent kindergardners!

The Moarefdoust Family said...

No, not sweet little Brin!!! I'm sure she won't do that again!
I got a call from Mrs. Horn when Mariah was in the 3rd grade. She said that Mariah had been caught kissing a boy at recess. I couldn't beleive it. I didn't even know she liked boys. Anyway come to find out that Griffin had been dared to do it. Mariah had barely walked out of the cafeteria doors when he ran up, gave her a peck on the cheek and ran off. So, sometimes the school makes it sound so much worse then it really was.