Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Checking Off the List!
With only two weeks left before we leave for Colorado I am feeling the pressure of the holidays. We are VERY excited to see G & G Baldwin for Christmas and hope that Mother Nature will make my kids soooooo happy by delivering some winter wonderness!!! I have been working hard at my "to do" list and have accomplished many things!

-Thanksgiving Holiday


-Decorate for Christmas-CHECK!

-Entertain Kids During Thanksgiving Break-CHECK! Went to the movie Bolt, Swimming, Hot Tubing @ G'mas, Playing Games.
-Finish Christmas Shopping -Working on it Still!
-Attend the Fred Meyer Sock Sale at 5am on Black Friday- Had a great time with Morgan! As we were driving home she said "Mom how much money did we spend today?" I replied, "I'm not sure yet but don't tell your DAD!"
-Watch the Twilight Movie-CHECK! LOVED IT!!!
-Address/Mail Christmas Cards-CHECK! Mailed by December 1.
-Make and Deliver Friend & Neighbor Gifts-CHECK! Jon and I worked really hard on Saturday to make several batches of the famous Whitcomb Carmel Corn. We then had our little elves deliver them to friends and neighbors! Many people were surprised to be getting gifts so early in the season but with Jon leaving for CA, and then us leaving so early for CO it was last weekend or never!
-Host a YM/YW Fireside-CHECK!
-Take Jon to & from the airport for a business trip to CA-Tomorrow morning at 5 AM!
-Make Christmas Jammies-CHECK! I took Christy's advice (Thanks KiKi) and bought really cute jammies at Old Navy on Black Friday!
-Finish buying snow gear for CO-CHECK!

-Figure Out Teacher Gifts-CHECK! Delivered already!
-Attend Two Wedding Receptions-CHECK! Only made it to one!

-Finish a Holiday Craft-CHECK! (x2) I actually made another one for my sister-in-law for her birthday that's tomorrow!(This is the only new item that I will be adding to my Christmas Decorations this year)

-Attend Pie Night-CHECK! One of my favorite nights of the year!
The next two weeks will be a whirlwind of activities. If I can just finish the rest of that list we will have a fun and relaxing Christmas!

6 comments:

michelle said...

baldy - that advent calendar is darling! I love it. Is it on a magnetic board? I think you should post more pics of it, I have one already too but still I love the idea of yours! It is snowing this morning!

Annie said...

Darling advent calendar. You are so on top of things!

cjdustin said...

Great job! You are the woman. I bow down to you in humble adoration!!! Your calendar turned out cute and I am glad you have gotten so much done. The carmel corn was yummy--I didn't get much of it but what I had was great.

Steph said...

Okay, now I must see the advent calendar in real life. I'm comin' over! It's a LONG trek, but I think I'll make it!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous advent calendar. It looks like it took hours to complete! Kind of like my granddaughter project. Oh, how I wish I could check off and check off all of the items on my list! We're still picking out paint and the dry wall guy doesn't come until tomorrow. What incredible pressure. Is this the season to be jolly? I spent 14 hours on the NATIVITY on Tuesday. Dad spent 17 hours. No wonder we can't get on top of things. Can't wait to see you all!
Mom
YES! IT SNOWED ALL DAY TODAY. AND THE TEMPERATURE TONIGHT WILL BE 10 DEGREES! COOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture with the turkey leg - LOL