Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Super Mom!
The other day Brinley had to take snack for her Kindergarten class. I saw this cute cupcake idea on Annie's Blog. I debated tackling such a time consuming cupcake just for a "Snack". But I decided that Brinley and Kennedy (who was coming over for a play date) would have fun helping make the Turkey Cupcakes for their classroom.All the girls had fun; even Maddie made her own cupcake. Her teacher and a couple of my friends said "Wow you're super mom!" I told them no!!! I usually just throw some granola bars in for snack time. That same day I made a pie with the help of my friend Ali. When Morgan came home from school and saw that I had baked the pie and the cupcakes she said "Oh mom you finally have become a cook and now you're like other mom's that bake in the kitchen!" That's sad!

5 comments:

Steph said...

That is hilarious (what Morgan said!) We need our kids to keep us humble. What cute Turkey cupcakes, super mom!

Annie said...

Girl, I'm proud of you for making those cute cupcakes. They turned out awesome. Love the picture of the two little girls!!

Anonymous said...

Great picture - the cupcakes look yummy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on becoming a cook like all of those other mothers. NOT! If all those other mothers were cooking on a regular basis, there would be no restaurants or pick it up and bake it at home stores on the planet. Maybe Morgan hasn't noticed daily at-home meals from scratch that have been your nature forever! Oh, well! The cupcakes are so cute and such a great idea with all of the popular cupcake rage now!
Mom

The Frosts said...

Heh. Morgan's comment is cracking me up. Little does she realize that you are super mom is SO MANY other ways. Seriously. The cupcakes ARE super cute though.