Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Checking Off the List #2!

The Hustle and Bustle continue during this time of year! I can now check a few more things off my list.

-Celebrate Mason's Birthday-Sort of! His birthday is not for another two weeks but we did take him out for his special Birthday Date with just Jon and I. He's been dying to go to our new Olive Garden. The food was great but the service was Terrible! We will officially celebrate his bday on his actual birthday December 22 with favorite breakfast, dinner, and presents!

-Ward Christmas Party- Our party theme was "The Polar Express" Stacey outdid herself once again! It was really fun! We all wore our PJ's which I loved! (I gave the kids their xmas jammies early so they could wear them to the party) We each got a ticket when we walked in and got that ticket punched when we were served our Hot Chocolate! (I forgot to take a a pic of the conductor but he looked awesome) Breakfast was served for dinner, the kids made candy trains, we sang Christmas Carols, and then the kids all left with their "Believe Bells."
-Attend the Union High School Football Game!-This was a new event that was not on my original list. I decided to go to the state championship game last Saturday with Mason!
This is a brand new HS in our area and it is only their second year of existence! So this was a HUGE deal for them to already be in the final playoff game for the State Title. Unfortunately we lost making their record 13-1. Many fans, parents, and players were sad but felt grateful to have gotten so far! I went to the game with several friends from our ward! I called it the party bus because it was filled up with lots of fun people having a great time together! We still love the Titans and are proud of their accomplishments!
-Attend a Piano Recital-We enjoyed listening to M&M(and others) play their Christmas piano pieces last night. They both did great and I'm proud of them. I am so grateful to my friend Christy who has taken them as their piano students this year! She has seriously taken a huge stress out of my life by having them. The past two years with their other teacher have been crazy because the only time she could have my kids is on Wednesday! We would go from Dance Team, to Piano, to YW with no breaks! But now Morgan can ride her bike to Christy's home for lessons and she even comes to MY HOUSE early before school to teach Mason! How great is that! The kids have loved their new teacher and are doing well! Thanks again Christy we love you!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great ward party. Ours is tomorrow night but we're going to our Employment Center Director's house for a party for the missionaries, etc. Boo Hoo.
We have never missed a ward Christmas party when we've been in town.

YAHOO for great piano teachers. I am so grateful to have had the talent of piano playing through the years. It has brought me much pleasure. Keep at it M & M! Wish I could have been there. We'll have you play your solos on Christmas Eve.
Love, GMa Baldwin

michelle said...

baldy! That pic of you and Mason is adorable!

Anonymous said...

What great pics - thanks for sharing.