Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I'll be home for Christmas!

For months I have been so excited to go home for Christmas! I have been looking forward to being with my entire family, having a white Christmas, and just being at home!

Since we have been in Colorado at Grandma's house we have been doing some fun activities like making snow angels:

Sending our letter to Santa:And celebrating Mason's Birthday by going to a movie and sledding:As we were playing here the rest of my family was stuck in Washington. There was so much snow in Vancouver that Jon and Morgan could not fly here on schedule. School, work, and even church were cancelled! As Jon kept on giving me updates about the weather in Vancouver I thought that for sure the snow would be gone by the next day but it just kept on snowing! I was getting mad because we didn't have very much snow here in CO, my family couldn't fly out, and I was missing the biggest snow storm to hit WA in 40 years! (Anyone that knows me well knows that I LOVE the snow) I then became worried that they were not going to make it here as I kept on seeing cancelled flights each day! Morgan was bawling and Jon was trying to deal with a bawling 13 year old. So when they called me I just added to Jon's stress and started crying also! But we are all here together now! As Morgan was crying to me on the phone she said something profound and I quote "I don't care about the presents and stockings I just want to be with the family!" And I have to agree it doesn't matter about the gifts, the food, or the fact that there is more snow in WA than in CO! We are all here together safe and sound! Have a very Merry Christmas!







4 comments:

Annie said...

What a strange turn of events! Have a wonderful time with ALL your family!

Steph said...

It is so crazy here! It is snowing again! I'm not sure if my parents will make it tonight for Christmas Eve! :(

I'm glad that Jon and Morgan made it.

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad that Jon and Morgan made it to CO safely so that you could all be together. Enjoy your family...you're lucky!

Tess said...

Yeah! We've all been worried about you.