Sunday, October 26, 2008

Twilight Fan!

For the past couple of years I have heard much about the Twilight Books but never read them. I've seen the movie trailer, heard about the midnight book releases and read blog posts of people obsessed with Edward! I often thought to myself what's with all this Twilight Madness! WELL...last weekend Morgan brought the book home from her English class. She was reading it and so I thought I would read it also. Monday morning arrived and she took the book back to school. I needed to have my own copy! I was hooked! I quickly got on the phone and called two friends for their copy of the book. I actually stopped by to pick them up that morning! I haven't been able to put it down all week! A few times last week I even climbed into my bed after putting Maddie down for her nap and read the whole time she was sleeping! One afternoon Morgan came home from school and was giving me some attitude! She finally admitted to me that she was jealous that I could read at home while she was busy at school. She was also mad that I was almost finished with the book! I am now into book two New Moon. The best thing about getting on Twilight bandwagon this late in the game is that I can read one right after another! I don't have to wait until another one is released and the movie is opening up next month! Jon said he has never seen me so crazy about reading a book! I never read and my sister even calls me her Non-Reading Sister! It has been fun and now I can say that I too am a Twilight Fan!

12 comments:

The Morgans said...

I think it is great that you are reading them before her so that you can discuss them with her and decide if you want her to read the last one. I LOVE this serious its agreat way to get lost especially this time of year....

The Morgans said...

Series Not serious

Anonymous said...

"Twilight" hooked me quickly, too, and I'm no fantasy fan. I haven't read a single Harry Potter book and could care less. I'll admit, though, that I found the vampire book intriguing. I got a little bogged down during the read of "New Moon," and I haven't even started "Eclipse," though I have a copy sitting right here. "The girls" will have to see the movie together at Christmas time.
Mom

Nicole Jackson said...

Mom, I had no idea that you read them! I loved Twilight but heard New Moon wasn't as good. But books three and four are great! So pick it up in your spare time HA HA! I'm not sure I can wait until Christmas time to see the movie though!

Steph said...

Welcome to the Edward fan club! A group of us will have to go together to see the movie. I'm sure the hubbies won't care to go!

The Original TomKat said...

I am so proud of you! You have very good taste.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great read! Thanks for the review.

Amy said...

If I had known that you had not read these books, I would have put in the good work long ago. I did a similar "marathon read" last fall with the first three. Totally hooked, and I am even reading Twilight again right now to get ready for the movie. Kinsey is a total fan...but all of my girl friends love the books as well. I am an avid reader, read all the time, read a lot of classic stuff and some deeper reads, but these books are still some of my favs. And FYI, I didn't have a problem with New Moon. I loved them all. We are planning a movie night as well. Happy reading.

Amy said...

I meant...I would have put in the good "word", not "work". Sorry.

jrushing said...

Way to go! Now you can jump on the Twilight movie band wagon! Nov 21st!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just got done reading Twilight and I'm reading New Moon right now! I heard the movie comes out at midnight tonight though?! Do you want to go catch it together?

Edward is hot... LOL

Jana

Kerry said...

I'm still trying not to be sucked in (no pun intended). I can be strong! :)