Thursday, October 16, 2008

Quirks!

I have now been tagged for the second time to list my six quirks! I guess I better finally follow up on these.
1. I have a problem with doing things sometimes. For example, I will begin to wash dishes, then get distracted and begin to fold laundry, before finishing either of those things some child of mine will then ask me to read some school paper, or sign a planner! UGH! I feel like I can never finish the first thing that I started.
2. I have to have my OWN space when I sleep!!! No one can be touching or snuggling me. I don't even like my own hair to be in my face. I'm so glad we have a king sized bed now because I don't even like it when Jon's close to me.
3. I am a claustrophobic person. I think I inherited this from my mother. I don't really like to ride on elevators fearing that one day I will get stuck on one. I don't like small tents to sleep in when camping. And when flying on airplanes I hate it when my ears get plugged up and I can get them to pop! I've decided that it's because of my phobia. So I am constantly chewing gum while trying to pop my ears and freaking out b/c they are not popping!
4. I hate to get ready for bed. I find the whole process long and annoying. Jon can just brush, floss and be done within 3 minutes! I on the other hand have to first take out my contacts, take off the makeup, then put on 3 different moisturizers to help with my aging skin, brush, floss, use the restroom, put on my chap stick, and lotion up my hands (sometimes feet when they're bad in the summer)!!! I then have to get a drink right before I actually fall asleep! By the time I have done all of this there have been several times in our married life that Jon's already asleep!
5. Since I don't own a scale in my home I have to find other ways to gauge if I have gained weight or not. I do frequent Stacey's scale about once a month to keep me in check, but the other days I just try on certain clothes. I have these pair of Silver jeans that now are fraying, and have holes but I keep them around to "try on" to see if I can still fit into them. I know if they are tight in the butt I need to get my butt out of bed to go running!
6. I can't stand all the backpacks, school papers, shoes, jackets, coats being left everywhere! We specifically had built into our house individual cubbies for all the kids! They use them most of the time b/c I make them but often I find all those things strung(is that a word) all over the hallway, kitchen table, kitchen floor and sometimes right in front of their cubbies!

I now want to tag my sister Monique (you might have already done this), my sister-in-law Jalynn, Amy Morgan, Amy Lopez, Stephanie, Christy.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Some of those were really funny! You had me LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Is that really you. I can understand the claustrophobia thing--but the rest just doesn't seem like you, especially the jumping from one thing to the other when performing tasks. You seem to get so much done in such a short period of time. You've had me fooled, I guess. At any rate, I like you just the way you are.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Very funny - it makes for a very hectic life.