Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympics Junkie!

The Olympics have only been on for three days and I'm calling my self an Olympics Junkie. We can't get enough of them in the Jackson household. Both Friday and Saturday night we ALL stayed up until 11:30 pm to watch them, including Maddie. I got hooked on the Olympics when I was fourteen years old and they were in Los Angeles. We had just moved to Denver and I knew no one. I loved watching them and still love to watch them. Some of my favorite events are gymnastics, swimming, diving, basketball, and track & field. I will probably watch almost anything! For the past three nights I have just sat on my couch with my remote for three plus hours! That's why I'm doing this at 1 a.m. Maybe I will get to my laundry this week?!? Any other junkies out there! I figure it's only happens every four years right?

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Aren't the Olympics great! I don't think I'll get much done this week because my eyes will be glued to the TV too!

cjdustin said...

We are junkies here too! Of course, swimming is our favorite! But we even watch women's weigh lifting if it's on!

Steph said...

I LOVE the Olympics! I haven't been able to see as much as I usually do because we are here in Utah, but I love them. Wasn't that men's swimming relay last night fantastic! It was so exciting! GO USA!

Anonymous said...

Great post. The Olympics are terrific. It is one of those world events that you really have to watch.

Anonymous said...

Total junkies here. Even Dan is watching them and the only sport he likes to watch is car racing I like it all. OK, badminton is a bit hard to watch, but the rest of it rocks! But last night I passed out - I just could not stay awake until 1:00 am for gymnastics...going to turn it on now. Have a good weekend!

Jana

The Jensen Fam said...

Ok, so it's 11:34pm right now and we're watching the olympics (and blogging) right now. The Jensens are "olympic junkies" too!