Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Eight is Enough!
Last Thursday we met up with Morgan's friend Victoria and her family. They moved last summer to Long Island, NY. We had previously arranged to stay with them for two days after we did New York City with my parents. About a month ago Victoria called Morgan and asked if we wanted to go to Six Flags in Trenton, NJ.
We of course said "yes" and so we made our two hour drive there on Friday morning. I know now what I didn't know before is that Six Flags is "known" for having great roller coasters! I was in heaven!!! Ten plus roller coasters to choose from and no little kids to entertain. We proceeded to hit almost every major coaster that was open the entire day! After about the first three I had a throbbing headache! But I took some Advil and pressed on. We went on The Dark Knight roller coaster, Batman the ride
(the girls loved this one so we did it TWICE), Great American Scream Machine, Congo Rapids, Superman Ultimate Flight (I think this one was the scariest b/c you're on your stomach the whole ride looking down at the ground), Rolling Thunder, and we saved the best for last Nitro!
This was our last ride of the day and I had to bribe the girls to go on it. It has a 250 foot drop and goes 80 mph. They had terrified looks on their faces as we climbed the first hill, but they loved it! I have to say that a 38 year old body is not quite the same as a 20 year old body! After being flipped, slammed, and spun around at 70-80 mph all day long I was DONE! The only thing I was bummed about was the fact that we didn't go on Kingda Ka. It is the tallest (45 stories/456 ft) and fastest (128 mph) roller coaster on earth. I finally convinced Morgan to come with me but when we got to the line it had closed down for technical difficulty. Victoria's mom said "Maybe we are not suppose to go on this ride today!" We all had a great time and I think I am done with roller coasters for about a year!

8 comments:

michelle said...

hi baldy!

We just got back from a week in vail and I wanted to write and say that it was so fun to see you! I can't believe it has been 20 years. Yikes! I love these latest posts you put on your blog. I cannot believe that one roller coaster? Is that for real? I have never seen anything like it! I will hopefully talk to you soon!
love, oz

Tiffany said...

Oh to be young again! Seriously that last roller coaster ride is just too much! I think I'd die from fright once I got to the top.
What a fun trip for you and Morgan!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS, that last coaster looks amazing! Amazingly scary, too! You know me, I'm a coaster junky so it wouldn't have required any 'talking in to.' :)

Glad you had such a good time!

Jana

Tamara said...

Just reading about that makes me want to throw up!

Annie said...

You are one brave chick. I get sick on the ferris wheel, and scared to boot! I'm glad you've had a wonderful time in New york. What a wonderful thing for Morgan to get to do with just you.

cjdustin said...

I get the scared shivers just looking at that last one. I don't think I could handle it!

Anonymous said...

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes!!!!!

Mom

The Frosts said...

This was the perfect park for you. You're such a stinking dare devil. A few of those sound like they would be too much for me!