Sunday, August 17, 2008

First Year of Girls Camp!

Morgan just came home from Girls Camp yesterday! She was stinky and tired but loved every minute of it! They do many fun, spiritual, and crazy things at camp. Our ward has a great group of girls and they grew closer together this week. I was able to attend camp on Thursday and Friday evening. It was so fun to see Morgan and my other Beehives! Camp this year was in August to avoid any chance of rain. Well it was 95-103 every day! Some people were actually hoping it would rain! Some fun memories that I had while at camp were: Morgan's tooth getting stuck in a Starburst and coming out, she then ran to Sister Jensen instead of her own mother who was sitting right next to her, watching the girls on the huge slip-n-slide, campfire songs, crafting, watching Breanna do the robot, laughing/crying during testimony meeting with the girls and the entire bishopbric and their wives. Morgan has many more years of camp and I hope to experience them with her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess its that time of year - our daughter comes home later this week (we're sooo looking forward toit). Great photos - looks like a great time was had.

The Morgans said...

Its so cool that you got to go to girls camp for some of the time.

Anonymous said...

As a camp aged girl, I went to camp every time that I could in the beautiful mountains of Nevada. As an adult leader, I camped on the shores of Lake Huron in Canada, on a lake in northern Indiana, at several sites in Michigan, on a beautiful mountain in Idaho, and at various sites in Colorado. I never tired of camp either as a youth or an adult. I'm so glad that Morgan had a good experience. Sometimes girls are wimps about camp and complain a lot. Not my granddaughter, I'm sure. Proud of you, Morgan!
Love, Mom/Grandma