Thursday, July 10, 2008

Done With Diapers!
After twelve and a half years of doing diapers I can officially say that we are DONE! Maddie has been potty trained for about a month now and it feels great. We had been practicing going potty in the toilet for a few weeks when Madelyn told me that she had to go poo poo in the toilet while we were at Stake Conference. I figured that she just wanted to leave with Brinley and I. I took both of them to the bathroom and she sat right up there and went in the church bathroom. That was the turning point for her and she has practically been dry every day since then. Jon wanted everyone to know that he was a big factor in potty training Maddie. He thinks he trained all five of our kids but I'm only giving him one, Mason. He fully trained Mason and helped with the girls! Who ever trained the Jackson Five we are just glad to be DONE. We are yet again entering into a different stage in our lives. This one includes no babies. WOW!

5 comments:

The Frosts said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a milestone. That is the cutest picture of her. I already look forward to the day when I don't have to wipe bums/change diapers!

Steph said...

Way to go Maddie! Wow! What would it feel like not to have to change diapers anymore? I can't remember my life without diaper changing. I can't wait!

Ashley May said...

What a cute picture! Congrats on the no diapers.. that must been an amazing feeling after 12 years... WOW!

Anonymous said...

Is that our little Maddie? What a character! There's that coy half smile and a streak of grit all at the same time. We love, love, love her!
Mom
PS Surprisingly, everyone's children eventually outgrow diapers. What a milestone!

Lindsey said...

I don't even know if you will see these comments, since I am going through and catching up. How nice to be done with diapers. Emma wears panties now and life is way better, and little buns in panties is just the cutest. Sad for me is that I will eventuallyhave to start all over with diapers.