Monday, July 21, 2008

First Day of Boating!
After almost two years of having our boat we have finally taken it out! We bought the boat at the end of the season two years ago and only took it out once for a short ride. Last summer we were so busy with building our house and moving we had no free time to boat! We actually did take it camping last summer to only discover, while we were on the lake, that the boat wouldn't start! We were so bummed! By the time it was fixed it was too late in the season to boat. SO, we have been very excited to FINALLY get out on the boat and have some fun! Last weekend it was very warm so we postponed our food storage canning in order to go to the river. We had a great time! Our friends the Larkins have been constantly trying to get us out on the boat! So they were more than willing to come with us and show us the ropes! A BIG thank you to the Larkin Crew for thier help!Tamara took these pictures of us on our boat. When Jon was in High School he went back East to NJ for three summers in a row with his best friend, Scott Comiso. He worked for his grandpa crabbing and on their free time they boated. Jon is a great driver and skier. He just needs to teach me now! The kids loved swimming, playing in the sand, and especially tubing! Maddie and Brinley were a little nervous but the big kids only wanted to go faster!
Our boat is old and not nearly as nice as some that we saw on the river that day, but we love it. We can't wait to take it out again!

8 comments:

Dannielle said...

All that matters is that you are out making memories with your kids - looks like they love it!

cjdustin said...

Welcome to the fun of family boating! I'm glad you had fun and that your boat worked!

Stacey said...

Old or new....why go in debt over it, the kids are having just as much fun either way. Those will be great memories.

Steph said...

FUN! FUN! FUN! I'm sure you guys loved being together as a fam on the water! I'm sure the kids loved playing in the boat on the water instead of in the garage! :)

michelle said...

Baldy is coming to Colorado! :0) I just sent you an email. This boat looks so fun! I will see you on Saturday...

michelle said...

Baldy is coming to Colorado! :0) I just sent you an email. This boat looks so fun! I will see you on Saturday...

Steph said...

Hey Nic! Just following up on your question about my favorite icecream at Tillamook cheese factory. I always get the German Chocolate cake because you can't get it in the store. My very favorite though is Tillamook mudslide! Yummy!!!!!!!!!!

BTW- have fun in Colorado and then New York!

Lindsey said...

I think boating is the perfect family activity to make you closer. Even if you never learn to ski, the memories your family will have on there will be worth it! By the way, have I seen your new house? I don't think I have. If I come over this summer in August I would love to come by and have a tour :)