Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday, June 25, 2007
Summer's Officially Here!
Our last day of school was June 21! That seems really late compared to the rest of the country. We did have some snow days tacked on the end of our school year! This is our second full day of summer vacation and I've already had to give one of my children hot sauce in the mouth for saying a bad word!!! The last week of school was busy with lots of end of the year activities. Morgan had most of those because she is now officially done with elementary school and graduated from fifth grade. She had field day, two assemblies, and graduation last week. I finished her scrapbook for her just the night before and gave it to her on her graduation day. I had both Jon and I write her a letter. I was of course crying as I was thinking about how grown up she has become. She seemed to like her Harmony Scrapbook and took it to school to show all her friends. Mason finished his third grade year with a cultural parade and potluck lunch. Here he is with some of his third grade buddies: Marvin, Eric, and Brett. Both Mason and I loved his teacher Miss Swiderek. I feel sad at the end of the year when my children have such great teachers! Mason was also sad and told me that he wanted to stay in third grade! Brooklyn had her last day of Kindergarten. I can't believe that she will be going to school all day next year. She is very excited for her first grade teacher Mr. Schiewe. (Everyone knows who he is "The Hot"first grade teacher!) Brinley asks everyday "what are we doing today Mom?" and if she is going to school. She can't wait to get back to school and have her best buddy Kennedy Lake come with her. Maddie of course just goes with the flow. This picture is of her with her first piggy's. I just love it when they are short like this. The other morning she woke up and had stinky breath! I said to morgan "Maddie has stinky breath, how sad that means she is getting big" Morgan said wow mom pretty soon she'll be in college! The past couple of weeks a lot has been done on our house. Exterior paint, exterior rock, cabinets, granite, and trim work. This week the trim guys will finish and the painting of the trim will happen while we are gone. Hopefully all will go well while Jon is in Switzerland & I'm in Colorado. We hope to be moved in by August!

This will be my last post until we're in Colorado! This week is packed full! Basketball camp, teaching, hair cuts, dentist appts., orthodontist, shopping, packing, cleaning, and of course laundry. It will take us two long days of driving so wish us LUCK!

No comments: