Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tuesday June 19, 2007
Mason's Moose

This is a story that Mason wrote this year about one of his favorite toys that he had to give up (I didn't know it was so special to him though). I saw his teacher at the gym and she told me all about his story and I told her that I HAD to have a copy!

My favorite toy that I had to give up was a moose. I still really would like to have that moose. I wonder who has it now. "Where's my moose?"

When I was born, I got a big ginormous moose. It was about 2 or 3 feet long. Can you believe that? I always liked to play with it and I would like to take it everywhere, to my grandma's, to a place that my sister had to go, and other places. I liked to take it everywhere around my house. I was so happy that I had a moose. When I played with it sometimes my older sister liked to play too. Then other times, she had to go places and I didn't have to play by myself. I played with my moose.

One day my mom said, "Bring your moose. We have to go somewhere." So I said, "O.k., but why?"

"Because we just have to go somewhere." So I brought my moose and that was when I was about 3. We went to a place and I remember that my mom said, "Give me your moose." She put it in there and we drove back home. I was crying really, really hard and I cried a long, long time. It took days, weeks, months, years, centuries...just kidding it took days for me to get over it. I liked the moose. Sometimes I even want it right now and I'm still wondering why she took it away?

Just so you all know, It didn't happen this way. He didn't even play with this moose so I gave it to the DI. He just recently has been asking about his moose. One time I went to his classroom to volunteer and a little girl said to me "How come you gave Mason's moose away?" I thought that this story was hillarious and that mom especially would enjoy this because she gave Mason the moose!

1 comment:

cjdustin said...

I can't believe you are so mean. How could you give the moose away! Just kidding. According to my daughter I am only happy when I am cleaning. How do we earn these terrible reputations?