Friday, July 30, 2010

Camp, Camp, Camp!

The past couple of weeks we have ALL been involved in Camps. Two weeks ago all my kiddos were involved in some type of Camp. I thought that was smart to have them all go the same week, but forgot that I'm only one person and I can't take five kids to different places all at the same time! It was crazy that week! Jon was in Argentina so he was no help but luckily I had friends' that also were doing the Camps so we could carpool! I had to write down where and when each kid was coming and going because my brain couldn't remember it ALL! So each day I wrote myself a list, here was Tuesday's.
1. Take Mason to BBall camp at 8:30 am
2. Have B & B ready for Girls Scout camp picked at 8:45 am
3. Take Maddie & Elise to Camp at Allie Connells @10 am
4. Take Morgan to the Dentist by 10:40 am
5. Pick up Brinley from GS camp to goto gymnastics by 12
6. Pick up Mas @ BBall camp 12:30 pm
7. Pick up carpool at Girl Scout camp at 3 pm
8. Pick up Gymnastics girls at 3:30 pm

Literally I was in my car the entire day! That week was exhausting! Morgan went to Dance camp with her new High School team Wednesday July 14-17. She had a great time and worked hard! They went to Portland State and spent the night in the dorms. She danced all day long and practiced into the wee hours of the night! Each day dancers' were awarded ribbons for their accomplishments. She was thrilled to earn four ribbons!
Margene and I went to see all the dancers perform their routines at the end of the week. It was fun to see all that they had accomplished in just three days!
For the past month I have been working on Beads for Girls Camp for our Stake. Any free time I had (which is not much during the summer) I would be doing BEADS! The past two weeks I have been cramming to finish them since I knew that we would be camping at Billy Chinook the week before Girls Camp. So while Jon was in Argentina I would stay up until 1 or 2 AM working on those Beads!!!

I had them all over my house but especially in the Den. It was crazy but I 'm glad to say that I'm all done with Beads and the girls loved them! Last Saturday Jon and I both worked on either Beads or Scout Camp the ENTIRE DAY! Jon was in charge of all the food for Scout Camp this year. He spent about 7 hours last weekend shopping for food, prepping the food and organizing the FOOD! This is what my garage looked like the night before they left, minus three huge coolers!Let me tell you, those boys ate WELL and raved about Bro. Jackson's cooking! One of them kept on telling Jon, " Brother Jackson, you should open a restaurant!" Tuesday Morning at 4 am I sent Mason and Jon off to Scout Camp:and Morgan off to Girls Camp that afternoon! Everyone returns tomorrow! We are excited to see them and hear all about their fabulous week! Another year of CAMP is over, Sad! And now we only have one more month of Summer Vacation!

2 comments:

cjdustin said...

Camp,
Camp,
Camp,
is over, over, over!!!!

Anonymous said...

Girls camp was always a great experience for me and I loved being with the girls from Nevada to Canada to Michigan to Indiana to Idaho and to Colorado. There's nothing like it! I'd love to still be doing it! Congratulations on making it through all of the preparation and execution of memorable days!
Mom