Sunday, January 03, 2010

Christmas Break Week 1!
Since my parents and little Brother were in town for Christmas we wanted to pack as many fun activities into the week they were here. The day that my brother came into town we made our traditional Ravioli .Brinley was one of the biggest helpers!
It turned out so yummy we gobbled it up and even had some extras to freeze. Another family tradition is putting together the Christmas Carol puzzle. The kids and I did the puzzle earlier in the month but we pulled it out again for Uncle Steve. We all worked on it but mostly Steve. We almost finished it the day we pulled it out but we got too tired and finished it the next day.

Christmas Eve Day we did last minute grocery shopping, we made Christmas Cookies:
Enjoyed Holiday Music on the piano: (Steve and my mom both are amazing pianists)And the kids just ran around being silly and excited for Christmas Eve!
We went to my in-laws for Christmas Eve Dinner and Festivities! We had our traditional Prime Rib Dinner with MANY Fix ins! Mason decided he wanted to sit at the big kid table, he actually was the only boy!

We enjoyed the family Lip Sync Videos and new PJ's from Grandma Jackson!
Maddie didn't quite make it though, she crashed on my Mom's lap!
Once we got back to our house the kids quickly went to bed, they were all so excited to sleep together by the tree in the Bonus Room!
We then went to work! Jon put together a couple of presents and I had a lot of wrapping to do! I love to stay up late on Christmas Eve to wrap and watch A Christmas Story! It's my own tradition because Jon usually falls asleep!
By the time I cleaned up everything, had some Santa Cookies, and prepared Breakfast for the next day it was 3 AM! I think that is the latest I've ever stayed up on Christmas Eve! So when the kids came in at 5:30 AM I thought I was going to DIE! They woke up g'ma, g'pa, and uncle Steve and anxiously waited at the stairs!
We had a wonderful morning opening presents, stockings, and eating! This is what the presents looked like before:
And this is what the room looked like after all the presents were opened! The room was a wreck!We played the rest of the day with all of our presents! The kids' all had their favorites! Maddie with her new make-up
Brooklyn loved her bike and helmet that Santa gave her!
Brinley got a DS from Santa! Her cousin Toby also got one and they loved playing them together!Morgan got two new coats and some clothes!

She was a little jealous of Mason's new I-Touch, but I told her that she can take her coats back and get one also. Mason was thrilled with Santa's gift! Yikes, what was Santa thinking??? Both of my boys(Jon and Mas) now have those I-things!!!
Jon got two of these camping chairs with covers! Great for the NW!
I think the girls' like it more than him though, they played with those chairs for hours! My favorite gift was these water bottles:
I am always loosing my water bottles so Jon gave me 5 new ones! One for everyday of the week! After our Christmas dinner all the guys went to the Blazer/Nuggets basketball game! They all had a great time! (Even though my Dad and Bro were cheering for Denver) The Blazers came back in the 4th quarter to beat the Nuggets. Mason was excited when he caught the floating envelope that was dropped by the blimp! What a fun Christmas present! Thank you Zundels for the tickets!
The girls' stayed home and just played with our new toys, and watched Christmas movies in our new pajamas and robes!
The next two days while my family was here we went to another movie, played lots of games, had a Mexican fiesta and just enjoyed being together! My girls' especially loved it when Uncle Steve would flip them and play hide & seek. Brinley's favorite was when she would walk on the ceiling with help from Uncle Steve!
We loved having my family here for the Christmas Holiday and can't believe it's already over! We were all so sad to see them all go on Monday (Dec.28) morning. All of my kids' said the entire day we miss Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Steve! We will cherish all the fun memories we made during Christmas 2009!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun we had! It was hard to say "goodbye" and to know that those last hugs would have to last for a long time. What a sweet family! And thanks for letting us take over Morgan's bedroom.
Mom

Tess said...

This looks so fun! What a great mom!

The Moarefdoust Family said...

What a great Christmas you had Nicole! What fun traditions! Aryan got a lap top (notebook) and then when she saw Mariah open up her I-Touch, she started bawling her eyes out!! REALLY, you'd rather have an I-Touch over a lap top?? When we told her the same thing that we'd be happy to take the lap top back, the crying stopped and she decided to keep it.
Shayla was on my lap while we read through your blog and the first thing she asks me was, "Do you think Brinley has lost any teeth yet?" So has she? Some of Shayla's friends have stared loosing teeth and Shayla is so jealous!

Stacey said...

It's so fun while they're here, making all those fun memories together. I'm sure you're parents were even more sad than you because they don't have as much chaos and business to go home to. Your mom looks mah-vuh-lous!

Amy said...

Looked like the best Christmas. Fun traditions, cute kids, and great family. And you even got snow. Hey, maybe not on Christmas, but during the break is pretty good timing.