Thursday, January 21, 2010

Birthday Favs at Forty!

As I have been contemplating my birthday post I have wondered what I should say! This being a new year, new decade, and forty years old I have decided to not be sad about this new age but instead I am going to "embrace it!" Last year a dear friend gave me this awesome gift filled with lotions, lip balm, and creams. It's titled Birthday Girl. On each of the items inside it has written on the bottles different philosophies. I am going to share with you the philosophy it has on the outside package!

Birthday Girl philosophy: be grateful to have been given one more day, let alone one more year. remember to dance in your nightgown, sing in the shower, ride a bike, and fly a kite. give those you love big kisses, huge hugs, and the words "i love you" often and always. nurture your body rather than starve your soul with fad dieting. spend time with the old and the weary to better appreciate your life. on your birthday, call your mother and father wherever they are to thank them for all that they have done for you, even if you think they haven't done enough. watch the move "life is beautiful" at least once a year. remember that you are not guaranteed tomorrow and that today s as good as it gets. thank god for every"thing" every "day", every moment!

I decided that I want to live this philosophy especially this "Big Birthday" year. I also wanted to share some of my favorites at this stage of my life! So this is my list of "Favs At Forty"!!! (In no particular order!)

1. Pajamas
2. Denver Broncos
3. The Jackson Five
4. Book of Mormon

5. Cleaning
6. Boating

7. Shopping
8. Mason's Bball Games

9. Bathrobes

10. Food

11. Friends

12. Brinley's Smile

13. Vacationing

14. Diet Dr. Pepper

15. Disneyland
16. Hosting Parties
17. Scrapbooking

18. Siblings/Parents
19. Teaching Aerobics

20. Going to Movies

21. BYU Cougars

22. Exercising

23. Colorado Mountains

24. Crafting

25. Hot Chocolate

26. Dancing

27. Extended Family

28. Slippers

29. Skiing

30. Caribbean Water

31. Popcorn

32. Roller Coasters

33. Little girls in Tutus
34. Morgan Dancing

35. LDS Church

36. Camping

37. Decorating

38. Playing Games

39. Fall



and


40. JON!





9 comments:

Steph said...

Happy Bday Nicole! You are Fabulous at Forty!

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey said...

Awesome coverage of a life lived to the fullest....and that mostly covered only your married with children years. Think of all the good times that lie ahead. I loved that gift set and quote. BTW Lori's gift makes me WANT to be 40! That was fabulous!!!! Hope you had a great day and an even better 2010!

cjdustin said...

Nice post! I loved it! You are such a wonderful person!

Dannielle said...

Great post and Happy Birthday!

The Moarefdoust Family said...

Great words to live by! Being 40 has been better then I thought it would be. Enjoy it everyday Nicole!!

Temple Jackson said...

How wonderful!!

jalynn said...

Happy Birthday! It was fun to read this post. I hope you enjoy your day.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to be your mother! Dad and I love you so dearly, and we hope that the next 40 years will be great ones for you as well as the last 40 years!
Mom