Thursday, January 28, 2010

Birthday Surprises X3!

One week ago was my 40th birthday! It was a nice and relaxing day. I had breakfast in bed, a one hour massage, and lunch at one of my favorite restaurants with my favorite person, Jon! During the afternoon and evening several friends/family either stopped by or called to wish me well on this big birthday. After putting the kiddos to bed Jon was resting on our bed telling me that he was tired! He said is there anything good to watch on TV tonight? I said no but he told me turn it on so he wouldn't fall asleep. When I opened up our Armoire there sat a new TV for our room!
This was his first birthday surprise! I was so excited since we love to watch our favorite shows in bed late at night after everyone is asleep! Jon somehow snuck in the big TV box, removed the old/heavy TV by himself, and set up the new one when I was in the house! I stayed up late watching my new TV! The next day started like the others. After my morning workout and a few errands Jon called to ask what I was doing. I told him and he said that he was going to come home for lunch. Ten minutes later there was a knock at the door and when I opened it up my little Sister from NM was singing Happy Birthday to me!!! (Surprise #2) I was shocked and overcome with emotion. I immediately started to cry. I had been asking both her and Jon if Jon was secretly flying her up for my Birthday! They both denied it! And they were not lying because SHE planned this surprise and paid for her ticket! She said that she's been planning this for a year and has had her ticket for months! That afternoon we got pedicures together:We made homemade pizza & bread sticks and watched a chick flick in the evening! We had a packed Saturday the next day. We first went to the gym and Monique took one of my classes and then we went straight to Mason's BBall game. The rest of the afternoon we spent together shopping and eating lunch at Panera Bread (a favorite for both of us!) It was so fun to be together talking, laughing and just doing anything together! We got home just in time for dinner that Jon had made. We then rushed out the door to go to a movie (What I thought) Jon had told me that he locked his keys in his truck at work (he had to goto work on Saturday) and we needed to pick up his car there. Little did I know that he had planned a party for me and invited several of our friends! He set up a drive in movie. This was the screen, a large piece of white paper taped to the outside of the building.
As we turned into the parking lot there were 25 cars and they were all honking! His truck was set up in front with a movie being projected onto this screen. He had a FM Modulator so all you had to do was turn your car radio to a certain station and the audio was there. Everyone came out of their cars to wish me a Happy 40th Birthday!I was truly surprised! He worked so hard and long on this party! I had a great time! Many of my/our dearest friends' were there to make it a Special Night for me! Jon had all my favorite treats for the movie. Popcorn (of course), Reese's PB Cups, Hot Tamales, Hot Chocolate, and Carrot Cupcakes!
We then went back to our cars to watch a movie that he had made of my life! He got several pictures from my mom and then my sister scanned all of them in. Jon then took these pictures and several others and put them to music and made a movie of my life. It was so funny and sweet! I was in tears by the end! (I tried to upload the movie here but it didn't work!) I am so thankful to Jon for making this a night I will never forget!

On Sunday we went to church, relaxed, ate, and Monique and I even did a little crafting! Our weekend quickly ended and I had to say goodbye to my Best Friend early Monday morning!

We were both sad but had a fabulous time together! Thank you so, so, so much for making my 40th birthday special!

There were many others that gave me fun birthday gifts but here are some of my favorites! Jon gave me this popcorn machine! I LOVE IT!!!
It actually is still sitting on my counter and we just keep making popcorn! The girls' love it also and don't want us to put it away!
A friend of mine from the gym Lori made this darling hat! It says Fab Forty! She also made me a charm necklace with my initial, the number 40, and the word dream! She's way creative! We have been dancing all week to my MJ Thriller CD that Christy gave me!
Morgan, and Brooklyn made me this darling Happy Birthday Banner last week when I was at gymnastics with Brinley. They had it hung up when we got home to surprise me on my birthday!Thanks to everyone who made my birthday very special and one to remember! Hey I guess turning 40 is not that bad, and you know what they say "40 is the new 30"!!!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful birthday time for you with all the surprises and fun. I'm so glad that Monique finally got there and that you were truly surprised about her coming and also surprised to have a well planned birthday party. I reminded you that Jon is very creative and would come up with something. (That's after you said several times during our Christmas visit that you didn't think Jon was doing anything special for your birthday.) I still want to see the movie. Send us a copy!
Mom

Dannielle said...

Happy Birthday and that was the best birthday-day I have ever heard. Way to go Jon!

Stacey said...

Jon really went full out!....he's covered until your 50th with all that planning and pulling off of surprises. Todd gets off easy since I am not a surprise type of girl. I am most in love with Lori's hat!!! Having Monique there really seemed to cap it all off. You seemed to breeze through that big bday just fine....Here's to a great 2010, 40 and fab!

cjdustin said...

Jon did such a great job!! I think you are an awesome 40 year old. I won't say that I can't wait to join you though!

teamZ said...

I love the glasses and necklace. It's a great picture. Maybe we should use that for the invitation:)

michelle said...

baldy! I LOVE it! I forgot to look but just thought of it. I am so happy you had such a great day and I want to see the video too. Jon is a good boy! I know forty will be good to you!

xoxo

Kerry said...

Wow, you're gorgeous at 40, but then again, you always have been! I need you to come be my personal trainer and whip me into shape!