Saturday, November 07, 2009

This Is It!

On Thursday evening I went with a few friends to see the Michael Jackson movie "This is It"
It was awesome! I have loved Michael Jackson since I was a teenager. For my fourteenth birthday I got the Thriller Album.
I was so excited for this present that I kept the album cover on our mantel for a month! I listened to the record constantly, loved to watch the music video, and desperately tried to learn all the dance moves! I was a true fan! It's hard to believe but I now have a fourteen year old in my house! Last Friday, October 30, Morgan turned fourteen! She's not crazy about any music groups or singers. Although for the past year she has been a HUGE Jacob fan:
And just recently since this season of "So You Think You Can Dance" started she thinks Nathan is fabulous!

How does time pass so quickly and our kids grow up so fast! I remember taking her to get her first year picture taken!And now she is my beautiful teenager!She is a great daughter, sister, and friend! She's VERY dedicated and a VERY hard worker. She will say to us "I need study for my Science Test" We'll say when is it? And her response will be "Oh next week." She is determined to get a 4.0! She makes lists for herself about what she needs to get done in a day or weekend. The list includes everything, piano practicing, personal progress, homework, and dance practice. Morgan loves to organize things, decorate her room, and go shopping. She says she wants to be an Interior Designer when she grows up! She also is a great babysitter and still loves to play with her three little sisters! Morgan is a big help around the house! I can give her an assignment, she will get it done and she often will do chores without me asking!


For her birthday we had a yummy bday breakfast and presents before she went to school! After school I took her and her friend Katherine to get pedicures and ice cream!

For dinner that day we had Wendy's since Jon was out of town. (We had her birthday dinner and cake/ice cream on Sunday with Dad) The next morning the Mia Maids came to kidnap Morgan and take her to Breakfast! She was VERY surprised and had a great time with her new leaders!I made her favorite dinner on Sunday to have with Jon and Grandma/Grandpa. Margene made this beautiful cake but instead of using Coco she accidentally used cinnamon! The frosting had a very strong cinnamon flavor so we had to put the majority of it down the disposal!
We still had candles, ice cream, and a Little cake! I feel so blessed to have Morgan and look forward to many more of her birthdays!

4 comments:

jalynn said...

I can't believe Morgan is 14 already! Happy Birthday! I'm glad she had such a fun day.

Steph said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Morgan! My kids LOVE you to come babysit!

teamZ said...

Morgan, you are growing up so quickly. Before we know it you'll be off to college. You are such a wonderful 14 year old!

Anonymous said...

It was fun talking with Morgan on her birthday. She seems genuinely interested in spending time on the phone with this grandma and grandpa. After we hung up, grandpa and I talked about how impressed we are with Morgan and how she's such a good kid. We love her so much! We love following her progress and determination. She reminds us so much of her mother at that age!
Mom