Monday, November 02, 2009

The Grinch!

Exactly one year ago Brinley decided that she wanted to be Cindy Lou Who for Halloween. Since Maddie was obsessed with the "Grinch that Stole Christmas" movie last Christmas we all watched it several times! I decided to have all of us be Grinch characters for Halloween. I had to do some convincing though! Jon WAS going to be the grinch but sadly had to be out of town. Mason stepped in to be the grinch. Actually I told him that I would pay him $20 if he would dress up. Once M & B heard that everyone was on board with the Grinch idea! The girls and I had fun putting together the costumes, getting ready, and taking pictures. My mother in-law made Brinley's darling outfit and I scored some of the other's at Goodwill. I asked my friend Amy if she would take some pics of us. She did an awesome job and I love them! Mason as the Grinch:



Brinley as Cindy Lou Who:


Maddie as Max, the Grinch's Dog:Brooklyn as a Whoville teenager:I was Betty Lou Who, Cindy's Mom:Morgan was also a Whoville teenager:


It was a fun night! The kids already know what they want to be next year, and it's not a group theme!

11 comments:

teamZ said...

That was awesome! I think I really appreciate it since I have a Grinch fan at my house too.

Amy did a nice job with the pictures.

Annie said...

You rock! That was definately the best halloween costumes I've seen this year.

Tamara said...

I wish I could have seen you in person! I think Jon was probably thanking his lucky stars he was out of town!

Lindsey said...

Well for Pete's sake!! Could that be any cuter? I hope you don't follow my blog because I do intend on copying this some year. I'll give you special mention.
I would be upset my mom said your costumes are cuter than mine...but I agree ;)

jalynn said...

Awesome costumes! you guys look great...what a fun idea!

Steph said...

Very cute Nicole! Brinley definitely looks like Cindy Lou Who!

The Frosts said...

I LOVE your costumes. I hope you have a chance to reuse them someday. Brinley's costume turned out amazing and yours is a perfect match. And your older girls just look so BIG to me in these pics. Amy did a great job!

cjdustin said...

That was just too cute. The pics are great!

Carrie said...

You could make one awesome Christmas card with those. Very cute and cleaver.

Amy said...

You continue to amaze me. Where do you find the energy. So darn cute. Loved the pictures.

Stacey said...

I had no idea the whole famdamily was dressing up! Sad Jon wasn't there to get in on it. Much better than the Incredibles. Too bad we didn't have a ward Halloween party. That would have taken the cake. You must do it again next year. BTW Amy did a great picture job! I don't own a white sheet.