Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day!

I love Mother's Day for many reasons! It especially helps me reflect upon why I love being a Mother! Sometimes we need to hear a talk like I did today in Sacrament meeting from a couple that are now grandparents and have raised all their children. A quote from Brother Gibsons talk was "I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less!" I needed to hear that during this busy season in my life and treasure these moments with my children. Here are some of my rewards of being a mother.

I love to see my children SMILE!
I'm happy and sad to see them GROW!


I'm excited for them when they LEARN and DEVELOP TALENTS!


(Brooklyn played the piano in the Harmony Talent Show, Way to Go Brooklyn!)

It makes me happy when they have FUN TOGETHER!

I am thrilled when I see them EXCEL!


And I feel very blessed to have five healthy children!

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day!

6 comments:

Tess said...

Thanks for helping me love this day more. When I saw the little thumbnail picture of Morgan on my blogger dashboard, I thought it was a pic of you! Can't believe how quickly they grow!

Anonymous said...

And, I love being your mother. You never surprise me, because you have are ALWAYS and consistently and predictably a wonderful daughter. How I love you. And how I love watching you mother your children. A-Plus!
Mom

teamZ said...

Brinley, you look cute in your Easte dress. -R

cjdustin said...

That was very cute! You are a wonderful mother!

The Shep's Herd said...

YOur the best. Happy Mothers Day. Your and your children are jsut beautiful. Thanks for your post. It made me realize how much I have to be greatful for. Thanks

Stacey said...

I loved those talks too, I went into church feeling overwhelmed with mothering and came out feeling uplifted.