Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sunny Saturday!
Last weekend was absolutely wonderful!!! The temperature on Saturday was probably around 78. You just can't beat a day like that here in the NW. The kids loved it and eventually put on their suits and ran through the sprinklers.
Jon and I were working of course working! I asked my class on Saturday morning what they were going to do. Some said yard work, golfing, biking, Saturday's market, and all I had to say is "we're working!" It seems like we always work on Saturdays! I guess when there's only one day a weekend to get things done, that's what you do! Hopefully we'll finish all of our projects and by the summer time we can play and maybe even take out our boat this year! Jon and I made our garden boxes, went to Home Depot twice, picked up three yards of dirt, and made one small detour to pick up a Diet DP. We were so excited to finish our project, and ready to plant that garden! This weekend will not be so nice, it's only suppose to be 48 degrees! What? That's considered unseasonably low!

6 comments:

Annie said...

School will be out in no time. Looks like a fun spring break!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting the garden box made and filled with dirt. Your yard will be beautiful and productive this summer. Soon, you'll have no projects left to do. Do you guys rent out? I hope that your sun will return soon. Today it's snowing in Denver. Yesterday it was nearly 80 degrees.
Mom

Tamara said...

I hope you get all those projects done! Boating is so much more important in the summer than work. Just ask the kids--it's all about the memories!

Tamara

cjdustin said...

Way to go! You guys are so productive! Just think how delicious the veggies will be this year!

Tiffany said...

Ughh to Saturday projects. I agreed that sometimes it feels like that's all we do on the weekend. As a side note, thanks for the run yesterday! It was great!

Amy said...

Oh how I remember those "sunny days" in the Northwest. They are the best when you don't get them all the time. Maybe you and John "work" a lot on all your projects, but look at all you have to show for it. You guys amaze and exhaust me continually. Still want to be you when I grow up...but I think I am too tired for that.

Amy