Saturday, April 05, 2008

Spring Break!
As this week is coming to an end I quickly wanted to recap what we've done for my journaling purposes. Day 1 Monday was spent preparing for my parents to arrive, hanging out with cousins, helping the Moses' move, and mopping my floor until 1 am. Day 2 Tuesday I woke up feeling miserable! I was sick with the 24 hour flu again for the 2nd time in three weeks. Jon had to pick up my parents at the airport and they then came to my house to entertain my children and take care of me! Thanks mom and dad! I laid in bed most of the day, didn't get out of my jammies, and wore my glasses the entire day! Welcome to my house mom! Day 3 Wednesday I woke up a new woman, Yeah! I taught my class and quickly showered so we could go to the Tulip Festival in Woodburn. The weather was beautiful and sunny! The kids enjoyed the tulips and tractor ride.
The big kids then wanted to jump on these trampolines with the harnesses. They talked grandpa into paying for them. They loved it and were actually a little scared! Morgan and Brooklyn both did back flips:


Mason was catching some big air:We didn't think Brinley was big enough to jump, but she did great and loved every minute, she also did a back flip:

Day 4 Thursday was spent preparing for our Silver Falls trip. Jon has wanted to go camping all winter/spring. He booked us some rustic cabins. It was basically camping without the tent. It was fun the first day, but we woke up to rain and snow on Friday. The kids had a blast sitting by the fire, eating smores and sleeping in the cabins!

We were bummed that we didn't get to go hiking to the falls. It was so cold, rainy, and snowy. The only falls we saw were from the distance!
I am still trying to finish all my camping laundry! I'm not so sure about winter camping. When we got home we got all cleaned up, went to Olive Garden for dinner and then played games. Day 6 Saturday was spent watching conference, going to a movie, and playing more games. What a fun week it has been especially because Mom and Dad are visiting! I'm looking forward to Monday when I can get some one on one time with mom to go shopping and out to lunch!

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a memorable week for you and your family. Looks like fun.

jalynn said...

That is great you guys are having so much fun! The camping trip looked so fun...i've been craving somores. I'm glad Mason had fun at the Blazer game, bummer that they didn't win. Hope you get some good shopping in with your mom!

Arnold said...

Hi There,

If your folks are still there, tell your Dad - Happy Birthday. I don't seem to have his e-mail address any more and it is too late to call.

Carolyn & Arnold Loveridge

Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!

Mom

Steph said...

Sounds like such a fun spring break! I'm glad your parents were able to come visit.

The Frosts said...

I'm jealous, of course. The picture in the flowers is awesome!

Lindsey said...

What a fun spring break. Those pictures with the tulips are beautiful! But the last picture of your parents was probably a little bit more accurate for an average day's weather up there :)