Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday September, 15, 2007
The End of An Era.
Today was the end of an era in our life! We got rid of our baby crib! It's kind of sad. I remember how excited I was to find and purchase our crib. We've had some good memories come from having it in our home. There have been five babies sleep in the crib, four sets of bedding (by kid #5 you don't care what the bedding looks like!), several blankets, four different homes, and the crib has been in many different rooms! It's exciting to be moving to a new stage in our life which includes getting rid of baby items, but it also is sad to think that our babies are growing up so fast! Not one of my children have ever climbed out of this crib. We always put this kids into a big bed because another baby was always on the way. We just didn't have the space in the girls new room for the crib. So for the first month we lived in our new home Maddie was sleeping in the travel crib. Jon was paranoid that it was hurting her back! I reminded him that Morgan slept in a travel crib for ONE year when we lived @ my in-laws! I know that there are many more Milestones like this that we will be making over the next several years! What am I going to do when she goes to first grade? By the way Madelyn is doing great in her big girl bed!

2 comments:

The Frosts said...

Wow!! It really is the end of an era for you guys. You've had a baby in a crib for what, almost 12 years? Amazing!! Cute picture. My kids are loving it.

cjdustin said...

Congratulations! I'm happy for you but sad too. I cried and had to call my mom when I sold off the baby stuff. Now I can't even remember what I did with my crib. Weird huh?