Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tuesday August 21
Sweet Sixteen (NOT)

It's been sixteen days since I have posted anything on my blog. I have nothing exciting to announce, and of course no pictures but lots has been going on. I will highlight 16 events that have happened in the past 16 days.
1. cleaned my old house with several friends & young women
2. handed over my keys to the new owners and kind of felt sad
3. had the new owners over for dinner last Sunday (the mom introduced herself in Sunday school that day with her name and then said I'm the person that bought their house, we were sitting with her!)
4. Made several target runs that included spending nothing short of $50 each visit!
5. stayed up until 2am one night hanging all my blinds with Jon
6. not one broken nail with all that moving and cleaning (Temple would be proud!)
7. mopped my floor twice already in just two weeks (they are very dark and harder to keep clean, what have I gotten myself into)
8. signed my kids up for another round of swimming lessons which means lots of runs back and forth to the gym!
9. got new bedroom furniture for myself and some of the kids rooms. everyone wants to sleep with mason on his new high bed (pictures later)
10. finally celebrated maddie's bday where aunt temple gave her 10 real frogs, (they were in their back yard and they caught them for her) Brooklyn immediately was attatched to them and when one died 3 days later she had a funeral for her little frog. CUTE!
11. went camping for three days, the kids had a blast!
12. spent one whole day getting ready for camping, (finding the camping boxes, food prep, boat prep, etc. etc!)
13. was very disappointed to find out that our boat that we've had absolutely no time to take out this summer didn't work! (we found this out after we hauled it to camping 2 1/2 hours away from home!)
14. purchased our new king size bed @ Costco on the way home from camping (we left early b/c we couldn't boat and spent money instead) Loved sleeping in such a big bed!!!
15. put my first nail hole in my new walls to hang a new clock!
16. started my school shopping today with two of the kiddos and more to come tomorrow

We still have lots to do in the house!!! I don't even have my computer set up yet. I'm at Jon's work right now doing this post at midnight!

1 comment:

The Frosts said...

I am honestly tired just reading your list. Wow. You have been busy. What's up with the boat? That is a total bummer. Can't wait for pictures!