Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Drivers Permit!

It's official!! We now have another driver in the house, well almost. Morgan got her drivers permit last Friday! Yikes!!! We have been driving only twice so far but it's definitely an experience. She did fine, it's me that was nervous. One hour done, only 49 more hours of practice to go! Washington State has some strict guidelines in order to get your license by the age of 16. She has to take drivers ed. She actually has to show proof of being in a drivers ed class just to get her permit. And then she has to have 50 hours of practice and have her permit for 6 months before she can get her license. Once she's 16 and passes the test she can only drive with immediate family members in her car, no friends, for 6 more months! Heck when I got my license I did none of that! Not even Drivers Ed! It will be a fun year!

6 comments:

Steph said...

Wow, I can't believe she has a permit! I am amazed you didn't have to take Drivers Ed. We had Drivers Ed and Behind the Wheel, plus driving with our parents. We could only drive with a parent no siblings for six months. So, it sounds similar to what I had to do to get my license.

The Morgans said...

I bet she is so happy!I have to admit I am not sure I would be ready for that in 9th grade.

The Moarefdoust Family said...

Welcome to my world!! Aryan has had her license for 4 months now, and I STILL get nervous driving in the car with her AND everytime she goes out alone!!! It's been nice not having to drive her to seminary though! :o)
Good luck Morgan and good luck Mommy!!

cjdustin said...

Good luck Morgan and Mom!

Anonymous said...

Monique was the only one of our four children who took driver's ed. The Church parking lot worked really well with lots of room and no cars on weekdays! The only hazzard--light poles which everyone managed to miss. Good luck to Brooklyn. It will be so nice for Nicole when she has another driver. Morgan's really going to be 16? Impossible!
Mom

Anonymous said...

I meant god luck Morgan! Where's my head? Although I'm certain that Brooklyn neds good luck for something or other!
Mom