Saturday, October 30, 2010

Morgan turns 15!!!

Last weekend on October 30 Morgan turned 15! I can't believe that she is already that old! As I slowly woke up that morning of her birthday I remembered vividly the day I had her. As I was reminiscing I just started to bawl in bed! How did my sweet first born child go from this:


to this!!



I have been having a hard time adjusting this fall! So many changes with all the kids being at school all day, high school and all the demands that brings, seminary, and the fact that my kids' are gr owning up way too fast. So as I laid their crying that morning of her birthday all these emotions came flooding out. Jon was wondering what kind of bad dream I had, had??? But I quickly had to suck it up and get up to fix her birthday breakfast. We woke her up and gave her breakfast in bed and gave her our presents. She then was off to dance team for the majority of the day. She had practice for three hours, then a short break, and a team retreat from 4-10 pm. So I barely saw her the entire day!! A week earlier she had a birthday party with some of her friends. We took all of them to a corn maze. They loved it even though it was wet and muddy. We headed back to our house for a scary movie "The Ring", games, and to eat chocolate fondue. Many of those kids were SCARED of that movie and were hiding under blankets and pillows!I think everyone including Morgan had a great time!



We are so blessed to have Morgan in our family! She is a very hard working and dedicated young women! She's striving to do her best in everything she does; school work, dance, and living the gospel. She has never missed seminary yet this year, she makes sure she's reading her scriptures daily, and is keeping up on her Personal Progress. Just yesterday she says to me "Mom, you need to make me practice my piano every day, OK?" What kids says that?? She is extremely busy this year and we are very proud of her and how she is handling it. We have had some rough late nights, I'm not going to lie but she is doing great in school. I'm glad that we have such a good relationship. We love to shop and talk together frequently. I'm very happy to have her as our first child and I think she is setting a great example for her younger siblings! As I was crying that morning of her birthday I thought to myself, "What am I going to be like on her wedding day??" A wreck!!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Happy Birthday, Morgan! I can't believe she is 15 either. She was so little when we moved next door.

cjdustin said...

We love you Morgan!!!