Monday, September 20, 2010

Seminary!

We are officially into our school schedule since Seminary started last week! Let me tell you it has been a little rough! I've always done fine getting up early since I myself had early morning seminary as a youth, and I had a paper route before my seminary days! But something about not having to be up early EVERY day has thrown me for a loop this week. Morgan's alarm now goes off at 5:00 AM
Sadly she only got up two of the days by herself, the other three I had to wake her up because she turned off her alarm! I even told her to set TWO alarms and she turned both of them off! She'll get better! This is what I look like in the early AM. I feel about as bad as I look here!
I then make her breakfast, help her with her lunch and anything else she needs. I get up with her on MWF and Jon on T TH. The best part of this whole Seminary thing is that I DON'T have to drive her! For the past few months I had been talking to some of our dear friends' daughter, Alyssa. She lives in the neighborhood and drives right by the house on the way to the church. She agreed to pick up Morgan every day which is FABULOUS! It has been working out great! She picks her up at 6:10 am and then they get the Bishop's son Jarin and head to the church!

Even though it's early and hard sometimes she is really liking seminary. She enjoys her teacher and class. I am proud of her for making the effort every morning to go. I know that it's the right way for her to start out her High School Day! Since we'll probably always have early morning seminary here and I don't see us moving in the future I figured out I have several more years of this! Twelve to be exact with no breaks! Twelve years from now Maddie will be a senior in High School and we'll still be going strong with Seminary!!!

6 comments:

cjdustin said...

AHHHH...so cute! You will look back on those pictures 4 years from now and Morgan will be all grown up and driving someone else to seminary. Maybe Avery!!!

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

Can't wait for those days...NOT!!! Wow 5am that's early!!

teamZ said...

12 years in a row, WOW! I know there are lots of blessings for doing early morning seminary. So, keep up the good work.(8yr-2yr break-4 more. Still equals 12 yrs of it)

Anonymous said...

In 12 years they will call you to be the Seminary teacher and then you can put in another eight -- by then you will be ready for sainthood LOL

Carolyn (Baldwin) Loveridge

Tess said...

I have to say that I am currently enjoying my 2nd of my two-year break. I had 8 years straight and next year I start 7 more. WHEEEEE! I do love seminary though and I have such love for those teachers that sacrifice to teach our tired teens. You have such great kids!

Anonymous said...

Hurray for seminary. I taught early morning for a couple of years in Michigan. I was so impressed with the kids that really hung in there especially beause so many of them had so far to drive to the Stake Center. Learn lots, Morgan, because the things you learn will be used by you more than you can imagine.
Grandma B