Monday, September 13, 2010

First Days!
Our First Day of school was before Labor Day AGAIN this year! AARG! It ended up being completely crazy since it also fell on Brooklyn's Birthday! I now have three different schools that my kids' are attending, High School, Middle School, and Elementary! The first day went pretty smooth, we did though have some nerves, tears, and luckily some smiles!

Maddie went to school the next day. The school has a SMART START program for the Kinders that helps them adjust to going to school all day long. So only about 8 kids were there each day and then they all started together the next week. All three of these little girlie's walk together to school. I couldn't believe how big that backpack looked on Maddie. I walked with the girls' on Maddie's first day. I was already feeling so emotional about this day. As I went into her classroom she was doing great! Me not so much!!! I was there with the other parents taking pictures, getting them settled, and shedding a tear or two! I was having a hard time holding it together and Maddie saw me crying. She said "Mom you're not suppose to cry!" As I left the school to walk home I just wanted to bawl! I walked home with some friends' , went for a run, and went out to lunch at my Fav Panera Bread! Maddie ended up doing great on her first day and I was so excited to see her after school. She is adjusting surprisingly very well. With this all day Kindergarten that our school is doing this year for the first time I was worried! She has been very responsible about her backpack, helping pack her lunch and showing me her take home folder each day.

Morgan started Seminary this morning! She was very excited for her teacher, to study the D&C and her class! Last week when she was into her first week of High School we already had some late nights, tears, and help from Dad with homework! I thought to my self, YIKES, and we haven't even started Seminary!

Jon has called me a couple times asking me "What are you doing today with all your FREE TIME?" And when it comes down to it, it's not a lot of Free Time! I tell him "Hey I earned it!" With the whirlwind of getting them out the door and the "Marathon" (as my dear friend put it) after they get home from school, I need that Free Time!:) Jon and I have also discussed this past few days about this time in our life! High School, having all the kids' in school, seminary, boys, and much more! We can't believe we are here but we are loving the stages that the kids' are in and cherishing the memories we are making!!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

What a great attitude to have about it. I admit I was jealous of your "free time" but really it's your prep time for when they all burst through the door!