Thursday, October 08, 2009

Nic's Nursery!

Just call me a "Daycare Provider" this week! Today was the first day of watching my nephew Mark while the rest of his family is on a cruise in the Eastern Caribbean. I also had A. J. Moses who is a little boy that I have been watching since the beginning of the school year. When my friend Karen called the other day to ask if I could watch Hannah, I said "Sure, what's one more kid!"

The morning started out smoothly! I put on a kid favorite "Dora the Explorer"
They were watching it happily while I got dressed, made beds, did some laundry, and snuck in last nights' episode of So You Think You Can Dance. Little did I know that Mark and A.J. found a game in Mason's room and had a great time throwing it all over!
I decided it was then time for lunch. I lined them all up at the bar and feed them chicken nuggets, Ritz, and candy corn. YUM!
We headed to the park to give us a change of scenery! As we drove there Mark and A.J. were fighting over who was going to be Batman for Halloween. It's hard to explain to two three year-olds that you both can be Batman! We had the park all to ourselves but all of them wanted ME to push them on the swings. By this time of the day I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was sit. Instead I embraced the moment, pushed them on the swings and took them on a little nature walk to look for treasures.

After dropping off Hannah we picked up Morgan, headed to the Orthodontist, and just barely made it to Sonic for Happy Hour.

As I sit here now typing this I am feeling very tired! I woke up this morning at 4:30 a.m. when Jon took his brother to the airport and I never took a nap. Imagine that!!! Tomorrow is a new day, but everyone will be home from school for Columbus Day. Yeah! I think I'm going to need a break, maybe Cancun :)!!!

4 comments:

Steph said...

It's a good thing it wasn't your Thursday to watch my kids, too! :D

teamZ said...

I am glad I could add to the nursery. I am glad you made it to happy hour.

Dannielle said...

You are so nice and I wish I had half your energy!

Anonymous said...

Sounds exhausting - but you always seem to find energy to do whatever has to be done. And, you're good hearted, too, which is why you need to have a lot of energy which is why you somehow make it through the exhaustingness!
Mom