Friday, January 23, 2009

Brinley's Birthday!

Brinley's Birthday was last Sunday. We started the day with breakfast in bed. (This made getting to church by 9 am even harder!)

After church we had the Lakes over since their Mom was in Arizona. Brinley had fun playing with her BFF Kennedy Lake.
Kennedy was able to stay over late that evening to watch a movie and have cake with us since there was no school the next day! Morgan helped make the gumball cake. Brinley was so excited to eat all the gumballs on her cake and in the Bubblegum Ice Cream!

For months Brinley has been asking me to enroll her in a gymnastics class. So for her birthday I finally decided to sign her up! Here she is doing the splits in the new gymnastics outfit we gave her.


It was a fun day for Brinley! It seems like these years are just flying by and I can't believe she is already six. This week she has been talking a lot about how old she is and that she's practically eight! I keep reminding her that she is still little and to quit growing up so fast!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute, cute pumpkin that Brinley is. She's definitely a sparkler in our family. How I love her and so enjoy watching her grow up! Can't wait to see her the next time. It's just not often enough for me to soak up all those smiles and happy eyes.
Mom

Steph said...

Happy Birthday, Brinley! Yea! For gymnastics!

Ambs said...

Oh, how cute! I can't believe how big she is! I remember when you had her, and how I waited for Jon's parents to get there! Hope you guys are doing okay!

Stacey said...

It looks like she can still touch her nose to the ground, and you know what that means....she's still a little girl! I can't believe I didn't hear about the GUMBALL cake! That is adorable!!! Leave it to you and Jon to bake up the unexpected. Yes, her and Kenna have been friends since in the womb. Very special :>

cjdustin said...

Happy Birthday little Brinley!

The Frosts said...

cutest girl! what a fun birthday. I'm dying for an update on how gymnastics goes. ANd seriously, ADORABLE cake!!

Amy said...

How did "precious" get so big. Love the gumball cake.