Monday, June 14, 2010

the End of an Era...

Last Tuesday Maddie finished her last day of preschool...which also means that my 11 year run of being a preschool mom is over!!! All five of my children have gone to Children's World of Music and now they are all done!
So there it is, over forever!!! Maddie is my last baby and she just grew up over night!!! Now I will be a mother of only school age children. No more babies, no more playgroups, no more babysitting trades, gone just like that! I thought I had at least one more year of having her at home with me and then our school district decided to all day Kindergarten! I think I'm one of only a few parents that isn't happy about that! I know I am crazy busy with my five kids but I can't believe that I'm at this stage in my life!

I am sure that I will adjust and enjoy my "alone time". But as Brinley said to me the other day "Mom who are you going to eat lunch with?" This preschool stage of my life was so normal and I've been in it for eleven years, and now it's just done, just like that. It's very surreal!
I have been feeling sad about this for two months and now it is finally here! The past month Maddie and I have been doing some fun things knowing that our time together was coming to an end! We've been out to lunch a few times, we painted together
we've gone on bike rides, and baked a giant cupcake!
I need to do that more often!!! Instead of worrying about the dishes, laundry and cleaning bathrooms. I need to make more memories with my children instead of blogging, texting or face booking. I need to play with them more, hug them more and tell them I love them more! Because in just a blink of an eye I will be crying again as I post about them leaving home!!!

5 comments:

The Morgans said...

Seriously you made me cry! I can not believe she is old enough to go to Kindergarten.

cjdustin said...

It is so sad! The problem with making memories is then you have to blog about them!!! You'll be okay, you can hang with me...

The Original TomKat said...

What a sweet post! You're not the only mom unhappy about all day Kindergarten...my sister doesn't like it either!

michelle said...

SO true baldy! I agree! I need to do that too, less worry about the house and boring stuff like that, and more FUN!

Lindsey said...

That's so sweet that you're going to miss this stage of life...most mothers can't wait to spread their wings again. Especially five kids later...so good for you :) the family photos of your kids are to die for! You know how to dress kids and accessorize them better than anyone I know. Way to go all out...totally worth it!